Many Windows users have reported that ss3svc64.exe prompted on startup. Now, at first, we need to understand what is this ss3svc64.exe on startup. It is a software component of ASUS Sonic Suite 3.
The genuine file does not constitute a security risk. Also, it is not a critical Windows component. Thus, if you want, you can disable the ss3svc64.exe.
You need to remember that when the antivirus program marks the ss3svc64.exe file as a virus, it’s important to check the safety status of the file.
Some modern malware has the capability to take the form of a legitimate process and disguises itself as an executable file. All the related information is given below.
Whether the ss3svc64.exe is Safe?
For your information, the genuine ss3svc64.exe file does not constitute any security risk, it’s better to make sure that the file you are dealing with is safe.
There are two ways to check whether the file is genuine or not:
1. Manually Check File Safety
In this process, you need to check the location of the file and to do so, there are two ways, either through a Task Manager or through an antivirus program. All the instructions are given below:
First, you need to right-click on the taskbar, and then choose the Task Manager option. Now, on the Task Manager, under the Processes tab, locate the ss3svc64.exe process. After that right, click on the Process and select the Open File Location option.
You need to right-click on the file on the antivirus program page and then open the location. In case the location differs from the location where you have installed it, then the file may not be a genuine file.
2. Online Virus Scanner Virus Total
To check whether the file is safe or not, you can also take help from an in-line virus scanner. The in-line virus scanner, virus total, will help you to figure out whether the file is safe or not.
5 Fixes of ss3svc64.exe on Startup
To resolve the issue, we have come up with some fixes. One of the given fixes will definitely solve the issue:
1. Run ss3svc64.exe As an Administration
To perform this method, we have come up with instructions that will guide you to fix the issue. First, you have to locate the ss3svc64.exe file on your computer. Then, right-click on the file and select the Properties option.
After that, on the Properties, the Window goes to the Compatibility tab and checks the box next to the Run This Program As An Administrator option. In order to save the changes, hit the OK button.
2. Perform a Clean Boot
In the Windows search bar, type “system configuration”, and then hit the Enter key. This will open the System Configuration window. Now, switch to the Services window and check the box next to Hide All Microsoft service. After that, hit Disables All option. Then, go to the Start-up tab and select the open Task Manager link.
After that, the Task Manager window opens, and you need to select the service one by one related to Sonic Suite 3. In order to disable it, right-click on them. After you have disabled all the services related to Sonic Suite 3, restart the system. Finally, you will observe that the ss3svc64.exe on startup issue has need solved.
3. Make changes through the Task Scheduler
With this method, you will be able to fix the ss3svc64.exe on the startup issue. The instructions are given to help you out:
- On the Windows search bar, type “Task Scheduler”, and then click on the Enter key. This will launch the Task Scheduler window. From the left side of the window, choose the Task Scheduler Library, followed by selecting the New Folder option from the right side of the window.
- After that, name the folder as ss3svc64.exe and hit the OK button. Now, you need to expand the Task Scheduler Library and select the ss3svc64.exe folder. From the right side of the window, choose the Crete Task.
- Select the General tab and type “ss3svc64.exe” in the given name field option. Check the box right next to Run With Highest privileges. Next, go to the Triggers tab and select new followed by At Startup option.
- Hit the drop-down menu to begin the task, and you will see the At Startup option. After that, select the Enable options followed by the OK button.
- Next, go to the Trigger tab, followed by the New button. In this step, you can choose the At Logon from the Begin The Task menu, followed by checking the enabled box and OK button.
- Then, go to the Action tab and select the New button. Now, select the Start A Program, followed by selecting the browser, and then select the ss3svc64.exe file from the directory.
- In the text field of Add Arguments, type “/start sonicstudiosystray/silent” followed by selecting the OK button.
4. Rename the ss3svc64.exe File
In case the other fixes do not work, then this can be your Last option. You can try renaming the file in order to fix the issue. Just change the name of the file from ss3svc64.exe to ss3svc64old.exe. In this way, you can get rid of the issue.
5. Uninstall the Sonic Suite 3 Program
If you see that Sonic Suite 3 is no longer useful, then you can uninstall it. This will fix the ss3svc64.exe in the startup issue. After the uninstallation, clean the files that are related to ss3svc64.exe.
This is another method that will help you to solve the issue. Follow the instructions to uninstall ss3svc64.exe.
- Press the Windows+R, this will open the Run dialog box. In the given space type “appwiz.cpl” and hit the Enter button.
- This will open the Programs And Features window, scroll from the list of installed applications, and then locate the Sonic Suite 3 service.
- Right-click on it and choose the Uninstall option. Now, just follow the given on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
This was all about ss3svc64.exe on startup. Hope the given information will help you to deal with the situation. All the fixes, along with the details about whether the ss3svc64.exe file is safe or not, are given with complete details. Just follow the instructions, and you will reach your desired result.