Often users report that after downloading the Spyhunter Malware, which is an anti-spyware program mainly designed for Microsoft Windows, they face abrupt problems.
Is Spyhunter safe? Yes, it is but you need to be careful enough but the location from where you are downloading it. Recently, cybercriminals are using the name as a part of their ransomware campaign.
If this infects your device, it gets too difficult to remove it as the cybercriminals block your access to certain files until you pay a ransom.
If the SpyHunter application is giving false results or decreasing the performance of the computer. Further, if you note there is a change in the extension of certain files, then these are definite signs that there is a Spyhunter malware infection.
Now, to learn the effective methods that can get rid of the malware at once, go through this article. We will guide you on how to delete Spyhunter malware from the device.
Steps to Remove Spyhunter Malware from Windows OS Device
Here are the methods that can help you eliminate the malware from your Windows 10,8 and & device. Simply follow the exact procedure and try not to skip any step.
For Windows 10 User:
- If you are Windows 10 users, then at first, you have to go to the Windows Start button and then go to the “Settings” option.
- Next, search for the “apps” in the Setting section
- If you don’t find the apps then write “Apps and Features” in the “Find a setting” search box. Next, try to locate the “Apps and Features” from the searched results.
- From the “Apps and Features” section, locate the “Spyhunter 4” option. Once you find the “Spyhunter 4” option, right-click on it and uninstall the applications.
- Now, go to “This app and related info will be uninstalled” section and click on “Yes” in the User Account Control Prompt tab through the new window.
- After tapping the “Yes” button, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
Once you have done, close the “Apps and features” tab. Now, the ultimate step is to check if the Spyhunter software is still there in the Windows 10 system.
Do not forget to remove the Spyhunter 4 files and other shortcuts that are installed on the device, such as, Spyhunter-Installer.exe” and the “Spyhunter 4”.
For Windows 7 and 8 users:
If you are a Windows 7 or 8 user, then you can simply follow the below-mentioned steps to solve the issue.
- First, you have to go to the Windows Start button. Then, select the Windows and Q key together to open the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel tab, choose the “Programs and Features” section and double click on the “Add/Remove programs”.
- Once you find the “Spyhunter uninstall” window, it will seek permission to remove the ‘Spyhunter 4” from the device. Next, click on “Yes” to start the process.
- Once done close the “Control Panel” window. Next, go to the desktop and check the “Spyhunter 4” icon.
- If the icon is not present on the desktop then search for the remaining Spyhunter 4 files through the Search application and delete all the shortcuts.
Follow the above-mentioned steps if you want to remove the Spyhunter malware from Windows 7,8 and 10. Hope you find this article worth reading. Don’t forget to leave your valuable comment in the feedback section below.