Have you ever faced a situation where the homepage and search engine of your web browser changed to http://www.searchencrypt.com/?
If yes, then there are chances that your system is affected by the search encrypt virus. Here, we will be discussing Search Encrypt and various ways to get rid of it in brief.
Thus, follow the article thoroughly.
What is Search Encrypt?
This must make you all curious to know about Search Encrypt, isn’t it? Well, Search Encrypt is a browser hijacker, installed by the users either intentionally or unintentionally, that can change the homepage as well as the search engine of your web browser to http://www.searchencrypt.com/.
How to Remove Search Encrypt Virus from your System?
Hopefully, now you got a fair concept regarding the Search Encrypt Virus. If you have been facing it and looking for ways to get rid of it lately, then follow the methods mentioned here thoroughly.
Method 1: Uninstall Search Encrypt from Windows
In this step, we will get rid of any malicious program installed on the system. Follow the steps cited below to do so.
- Go to Start and search for Control Panel.
- Once the Control Panel window appears, select “Uninstall a program” option from the Programs section.
- In doing so, the “Programs and Features” window will appear on your screen. This will constitute all the programs that are installed on your system. Look for Search Encrypt within it and click to highlight.
- Now, select the “Uninstall” option appearing on the top toolbar.
- Confirm the uninstall process by tapping on Yes and then follow the instructions appearing on the screen accordingly for a successful uninstallation.
However, it is profoundly suggested to read the prompts correctly. This is because users have reported that they have been bluffed by certain malicious programs for not reading it closely.
Method 2: Download any Third Party Anti Virus Software
Next, it is recommended to download a third party free Anti-malware software and run a virus scan using it. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, download any third-party free anti-malware and install it.
- After a succesful installation, follow the on screen prompts and wait for it to complete the scan.
- Now, run this program and get rid of all the malicious files present on your system. Restart your system.
Method 3: Reset Your Web Browser
If you want to remove Search Encrypt redirect from your web browser, it is important for you to reset the browser to the default settings. By doing so, the browser settings will reset all the changes that are unwanted which might have occurred while installing other programs.
Here’s how you can do so for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Chrome’s main menu button and select Settings.
- Now, scroll down the page and click on the “Advanced” link. In doing so, the advanced settings of Chrome will be displayed.
- Move down to “Reset and clean up” and then select “Reset Settings to their original defaults” option.
- Now click on Reset Settings option for a successful restoration.
- First of all, go to “Internet Options” and choose the “Advanced” tab. Now select the “Reset” option.
- Now within the “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” section choose the “Delete Personal Settings” and then tap on “Reset”
- On a successful task completion, once the confirmation dialogue box appears, click on the Close button.
- Close the browser and open Internet Explorer again.
- First of all, go to Help and click on “ Troubleshooting Information”.
- Now, click on the Refresh Firefox present in the top right corner of the “Trouble Information” page.
- Lastly, click on Finish.
The solutions mentioned above were succesful for a majority of people to get rid of this search encrypt virus and hopefully, it will be helpful for you as well. Please let us know your experience in the comment section below.