Have you been noticing any suspicious web browser activities lately?
Users have always been victimized by viruses on the internet. This is because they were unable to identify them and thus avoid them from the beginning.
However, some viruses are easily recognized because of their aggressive manipulative actions on the browser. ReimagePlus virus is one of them. It changes browser configurations by monitoring user’s browsing habits and often targets them with advertisements.
Most of the users have reported that they are getting the ReimagePlus virus on their system while browsing the internet, but they do not know how to remove it.
If you are one of them who are encountering this virus on the system, then this article will help you. In this article, you will get a brief idea about the ReimagePlus virus and also learn how to remove it.
What is ReimagePlus Virus and How Does It Work?
ReimagePlus virus is a disturbing form of malware/adware that forces the web browser to display several pop-up redirections and notification advertisements.
It is more irritating than dangerous, but it can expose the system to the risk that comes from unsafe advertisements which can lead to more dangerous viruses and other forms of malware.
In addition, your system is less secure if you have several ads and banners that can be clicked accidentally than if there were no viruses on the system.
Advertisements and redirects are two common symptoms of this ReimagePlus virus. Some browsers that can be corrupted by the ReimagePlus virus are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
It can also force some toolbars and other add-ons installed in the web browser and thus interfere with your work.
It is important to remove the ReimagePlus virus from the system as well as the browser, so you can resume your work on your browser without any interference.
Five Signs that you have the ReimagePlus Virus
Listed below are five signs that show your system is infected with the ReimagePlus virus.
- Advertisements appear while browsing the internet.
- Without your permission, the web browser’s homepage has changed.
- Web page display issues.
- Without your knowledge, other unwanted applications are installed.
- The system gets frozen frequently.
Step-By-Step Process to Remove ReimagePlus Virus
Hopefully, now you have a clear idea about the ReimagePlus virus. Now in this section, we are going to explain the methods using which you can easily remove this virus from Windows, Mac, and web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
Perform the steps as instructed below:
Windows 7 OS
If you are using the Windows 7 system then follow the steps given below to remove the ReimagePlus virus from the system:
- Press the Windows Home button and choose Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features window, find ReimagePlus and select it. After that, click on the Uninstall button.
Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 OS
If you do not know how to remove this virus from the Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 then follow these directions:
- Click on the Start icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings window, double-click on the Apps section and select the Apps & Features tab.
- From the Apps & Features tab, scroll down the page and find ReimagePlus, select it. Now, you should see the Uninstall button, click on it.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, check if the browser is showing advertisement pop-ups or not.
If you have Mac OS then follow the instructions hereunder:
- Click on the Finder icon.
- Select Applications in the left sidebar.
- Look for ReimagePlus and then drag it to the Trash bin. After that, locate and right-click on the Trash icon and select the Empty Trash button.
Here are some steps that you can follow to remove the ReimagePlus virus from the Google Chrome application:
- Launch the Google Chrome application.
- Go to the Menu section which is present at the top right corner of the screen and select the More Tools button to expand it. After that, choose the Extensions button.
- On the Extensions window, search for ReimagePlus and then click on the Remove icon or Trash icon.
If you see this virus on the Mozilla Firefox application then you need to remove it following the steps below.
- At first, open Mozilla Firefox.
- From the Firefox window, navigate to the Menu section and select the Preferences button.
- On the Preference window, scroll down the page until you find the Applications section. In it, search for ReimagePlus.
- After finding it, click on the black arrow at the end of the action column.
- Then click on Application Details and select the Remove button.
If you want to remove this virus from the Internet Explorer then try to follow the undermentioned steps:
- Launch the Internet Explorer application.
- On the Internet Explorer window, click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen. After that, click on the Manage Add-ons button.
- From the Manage Add-ons window, select the Toolbars and Extensions button on the left panel.
- Then find ReimagePlus, right-click on it and select the More information option. After that, click on the Remove option.
Below are certain steps that you can follow to get rid of this virus from the Safari browser:
- Launch the Safari web browser.
- Click on the Safari tab at the top of the window and choose the Preferences button.
- From the Preferences window, select Extensions and find ReimagePlus.
- Select the Uninstall option.
We hope, the above-mentioned steps will help you remove the ReimagePlus virus from the system and browser. Go through the steps carefully and perform them accordingly on your computer to remove it.