Windows users recently got fascinated by the vortex images on their systems. On thorough research, it was found that it was related to the MEMZ virus. MEMZ is a Trojan that has received attention from the Windows users lately.
However, people are still not much aware of its presence. Besides, the chances of getting more information from Microsoft are negligible as well.
Leurak, the creator of this virus says that it was for fun. He also added that it was for Youtuber danooct1’s ‘Viewer-made malware’ series. Unfortunately, he shared it with some peers, who failed to follow his request to not share it with strangers.
What is MEMZ Trojan and How it Affects Windows PC?
MEMZ is a Trojan that is custom-made and is responsible for using extremely unique and complex payloads. Usually, this activates in a row. Although, first few of the payloads do not do any harm, however, the final payload can cause a complete system freeze.
If your system gets infected by this virus, then it might send a message which signifies that restarting the system will not let you use it. Thus, do not restart your system if it’s affected by MEMZ.
It is advised not to use Task Manager to get rid of this MEMZ virus as it can result in an immediate system crash. Usually, there are two versions of MEMZ, viz., a harmless version and a malware version.
The first version of the MEMZ virus is used for fun purposes while the malware version can be quite dangerous and affect the Master Boot Record. This can also make the system absolutely unusable.
How to Remove MEMZ Trojan Virus?
Now, you must be wondering how you can get rid of this virus. You can do so either by System Restore or using Safe Mode with Networking. Follow this segment to know more.
Safe Mode With Networking
To remove the Memz trojan virus using Safe Mode, follow the steps exactly as mentioned below.
- Firstly, press the Power button and hold the Shift button. Now, click on Restart.
- Now click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart.
- Once your system restarts, click on “Enable Safe Mode with Networking” present in the “Startup Settings” window.
Remove MEMZ by System Restore
To remove the Memz trojan via System Restore, follow the steps cited below thoroughly.
- First of all, press the Power button and press the Shift button. After that, click on Restart.
- Now go to Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Settings>Restart.
- Once your systems restarts, choose “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt” in Startup Settings.
- On Command Prompt, type “cd restore” and hit enter. After that, type “rstrui.exe” and press Enter again.
- Once the new window shows up, click on Next. Now, choose the restore point that is prior to the infiltration of Memz. Hit Enter.
- Make sure to select Yes to undergo a System Restore.
The steps cited above are the ways by which you can get rid of the MEMZ virus easily. Please let us know whether these solutions were helpful for you or not in the comments section below.