KMSPico is an unauthorized tool that people often use to activate Windows 10 and other Microsoft products. It is an illegal software that has been deemed as a very unsafe tool for most Operating Systems.
When you use this application, it requires you to disable your anti-virus software. Consequently, your system becomes vulnerable and susceptible to viruses and malware attacks.
Unfortunately, KMSPico comes with many harmful elements. It brings along the much-dreaded Trojan virus, malware, spyware, viruses, and other unwanted programs. These dangerous elements are collectively termed as the KMSPico virus.
If you are a Windows user whose system has been affected by this virus, then this article is for you. We have provided some easy tips to flush it out from your system.
Damages Caused by KMSPico Virus
Before we get into the solutions, we will discuss the damages that your system can face with KMSPico. The dangerous impacts of this virus are quite widespread. These damages not only affect the system but, also your private data as well. KMSPico does the following :
- Corrupts and deletes important files on your Windows Operating System.
- Quietly, it steals away the passwords in your system and fetches the important keystrokes.
- Performs a massive DDoS (denial of service) attack and ruins your Windows OS.
- Stealthily activates webcams and monitors you and your daily activities.
- Takes out sensitive information about login details from your web browsers. These are used illegally by hackers.
- Allows other viruses to get into your system and cause further damages.
- Makes your PC prone to various types of inline scams.
How to Remove KMSPico Virus?
Having this virus can certainly be a deadly situation for your system. Since people nowadays, store all their personal information on their computers, the situation gets all the more complicated. All your crucial details get exposed and become an easy target for many online scammers and cyber-criminals.
If your system has been infected with the KMSPico virus, you have to get rid of it at the earliest. Now, you must be wondering how to get rid of it. So, instead of panicking, here are some easy solutions that you can try out.
Before you begin with the solutions, you must create a back up for all your files. You can remove the virus either manually or automatically as per your convenience.
Eliminate KMSPico From Control Panel
Manual removal is the most effective answer to ‘How to get rid of KMSPico virus?’. Depending on the Windows version, you can use the steps to carry out the manual removal process.
If you are a Windows XP user, you should follow these instructions to remove this virus:
- First, click on ‘Start’ and from the menu, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, open the ‘System’ file and click on the ‘Apps and Features’ option. After this, try to locate the KMSPico program file.
- Once you locate it, click on it and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
For Windows 8, you can check out these steps :
- At first, click on the ‘Menu’ option located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now, select the ‘Search’ option and go to the ‘Apps’ option.
- Choose ‘Control Panel’. From the ‘Programs’ option, choose ‘Uninstall a Program’
- Navigate and find the ‘KMSPico’ option and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
If Windows 10 is the version you are using, you need to follow this method for KMSPico removal:
- Firstly, you have to right-click the ‘Start’ button and then choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Now, from the drop-down list, locate the ‘KMSPico’ file.
- Select the option and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
Remove KMSPico from the Task Manager
If you want another effective method to remove the KMSPico virus from your system, you can follow this. You should try to remove the entire virus from the Task Manager. So, follow these instructions to remove KMSPioc file from your Task Manager:
- At first, you have to press Ctrl, Esc and the Shift keys at the same time.
- Now, from the window that appears on the screen, select the ‘Processes’ option.
- After this, try to find out the KMSPico processes that are causing troubles to your system.
- Finally, right-click on the processes and choose the ‘End Process’ option.
- This will terminate the malicious processes associated with KMSPico.
Get Rid of the KMSPico Registries
Once you have eliminated the KMSPico virus and its processes, its time you remove the harmful registries. This will complete the overall procedure of removing the KMSPico components. These are the steps that you to have to follow to get rid of the KMSPico registries:
- Press both the ‘Windows’ and the ‘R’ button together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- Inside the dialog box, type ‘Regedit’ and press Enter.
- Now, press the Ctrl and F key together and type ‘KMSPico’. Alternately, you can also type the name of the malicious file to locate it.
- Once you identify the harmful files, delete them quickly.
Automatic Removal Method
Manual removal of the virus in question can be a very lengthy and complex process. If you do not have a technical background, you can choose the automatic method. The automatic removal method is comparatively easy and simple.
To automatically remove this virus, you must have a high-quality anti-virus or anti-malware installed on your system. Without these applications, it’s not possible to get rid of KMSPico. So, first, you must download an anti-virus application. Let it scan your device to detect and eliminate the virus.
This virus issue will continue if you keep using KMSPico to illegally download Microsoft and Windows applications. Hence, it is mandatory to stop using it, if you don’t want your data to be stolen or misused.
We hope that the solutions we have provided here will help you to deal with this deadly virus. Do let us know about your feedback and suggestions(if any) in our comment section.