Computer users often report that the security program reports a suspicious activity associated with the 7.hta. It is identified as IDP. Generic and a false positive alert may mark the file as malicious.
Are you curious and want to know what is 7.hta virus? Basically, it is a malware that will gradually damage the running version of the computer.
The main problem associated with this 7.hta virus is that it will show irrelevant pop-ups and as well as ads on the home screen.
Thus, making your device slow and will hamper the functioning of the computer. Besides, you won’t be able to access some of your important files from your PC.
If you are facing such issues in your Windows system, don’t panic. This article will provide you with solutions to remove the 7.hta virus.
4 Easy Methods to Remove 7.hta Virus in Windows 10
If you want to eliminate the 7.hta virus from your Windows OS, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
Method 1: End the Process
If you want to eliminate the 7.hta virus from the Windows system, you have to first, tap on the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key at the same time to open the Task Manager.
Next, choose the program that has a similar extension or name as 7.hta and right-click on it to end the process.
Method 2: Uninstall the 7.hta Process from Control Panel
If you want to install the 7.hta viruses and other malicious programs at the same time, then this process can be suitable for you.
- You have to first tap on the Windows +R key together.
- This will open the Run dialog box.
- Type “control panel” in the Run Tab, next click on “OK”.
- Now, go to the “Program” section and search for the folders that you want to uninstall.
Lastly, restart the system to implement the changes.
Method 3: Delete the Suspicious Registry Files
If you want to remove the suspicious files from the device, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps. This will disable the 7.hta virus as well.
- First, you have to press the Windows +R key together to open the Run Tab
- Write, “Regedit” on the run box and then click on the “OK” option.
- Next, you have to run the following command: “HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINESOFTWAREsupWPM”
Method 4: Remove Suspicious Add-ons and the Extensions associated with 7.hta
If you want to remove the suspicious add-ons from the Windows 10 system, you have to follow these simple steps.
For Chrome Users:
- Go to the Chrome menu and click on the Browser Toolbar option. And choose the tools option.
- Now, select the Extension section and click on the Trash icon to eliminate the infected folders.
- You have to go to the Confirmation dialog box. Now, choose the “Remove” option to end the process.
For Firefox Users:
- First, you have to go to the “Menu” and then select “Add-ons”.
- In the Add-ons tab choose the “Extensions” section.
- Now, remove the suspicious extensions from the device.
Next, click on the “Disable or remove” option for complete eradication of the 7.hta virus. Restart your device to check if the problem is still there.
For Internet Explorer Users:
- At first, you have to go to the “Internet Explorer” menu and then choose the “Manage add-ons” option.
- Next, go for the suspicious add-ons and remove them.
- You can complete the process by clicking on the “Remove or Disable” option.
Implement these solutions to cease the 7.hta virus from Windows 10. Hopefully, you can find this article beneficial and worth reading. Don’t forget to leave your queries in the comment section below.