Sometimes new Mac users try to print a color page in black and white or in the greyscale and fail. Well, in this case, you don’t need any extra software to print in greyscale. Black and white printouts are available as per the printer you use to do the task. This article comprises of a detailed direction which will teach you how to print black and white on Mac. In this case, take note that you can’t print black and white if the ink cartridges are empty. Now, let’s get into the steps.
How to Print Black and White on Mac
In order to print Black and white on Mac, you need to follow these steps:
- At first, from the menu bar, you need to tap on the File button.
- After that, you need to locate and choose the Print button.
- Now, if you are using Google Chrome, you need to perform one more step. You need to choose the Print using system Dialog option which is situated at the bottom-left corner of the Window. Once you select that option, you will see that Mac’s printing options are available to you.
- Now, you have to print using the system dialogue menu which is situated in Chrome.
- Once you notice the Black & White box, you have to place a tick on the checkbox. Now, you have to tap on the Print option.
In case you aren’t able to see a black and white checkbox when you open the Print screen (it’s usually next to the Copies option), continue with the following steps.
- First of all, you need to tap on the dropdown menu, which is situated in the middle of the print window. Then, tap on the Paper Type/Quality which will be shown as Print Settings or Quality & Media depending on your printer or version of the macOS.
- Now, you have to click on the Color Options.
- Once you complete the previous steps, then you have to tap on the drop-down menu and select the color drop-down menu. Then, you have to select the Grayscale option.
- After that, you need to tap on the Print button.
- Depending on your printer or version of macOS, you will be able to see a different term like “Grayscale” or “Black.”
How to Print in Black and White on Mac Using Presets
On your Mac, you can also print in black and white using the Preset option. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to open the Print option and select the Black & White printing as described in the previous section.
- Once you select the appropriate settings for the black and white printing, you need to tap on the Presets dropdown menu.
- After that, you have to click on the Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Now, you have to enter a name for the Preset and if this option appears, you need to choose either All Printers or Only This Printer.
- Now, tap on the OK button to continue.
How to Print in Black and White on Mac Using Troubleshooting
Using the Troubleshooting option, you can also perform this action. On that note, follow the instruction:
- At first, you have to be sure that your printer is disconnected from your Mac.
- Now, you have to navigate to the System Preferences which is situated under the Apple Menu.
- Now, you have to click on the Printers & Scanners.
- Again, you need to click on the printer which you want to delete.
- After that, you have to tap on the minus symbol which is situated under the printer column.
- Now, you have to tap on the Delete printer button.
- Again, you have to reconnect your printer to your Mac using its USB cable. And then, perform the printing task.
In this way, you will be able to perform this action on your own.
In the above-mentioned guide, we have provided some effective steps to perform how to print black and white on Mac. This article will be effective for non-tech savvy persons. In the future, if you encounter the same error, visit our website to gather more information. For further queries leave a comment below.