‘Terminal’ is a utility that comes along with all Mac devices. While installing some application or programs, on your Mac device, you need to use the Terminal window. To be specific, the Terminal is used to fix some technical problems or to change settings, that can occur during the installation process. So, you must be worried about, how to open the Terminal utility, on your Mac device. To open the Terminal you can use Spotlight, Finder, and get to the Recovery mode. Hence, in this informative blog, we are going to talk about some possible ways to open Terminal on Mac.
Why do you Need to Open Terminal on Mac?
We use the Terminal window on Mac to execute commands or install some applications. We use it to resolve some technical issues and for changing settings as well. Therefore, in order to open the terminal on Mac, we will guide you with some simple steps.
Possible Ways to Open Terminal on Mac
The possible ways, to open Terminal on your Mac are as follows:
- Using Finder.
- With the help of Spotlight.
- Through the Recovery mode.
- Using Launchpad.
In order to open the spotlight, you need to use the Finder. Go through the steps mentioned below:
- Choose the Finder, present at the dock of your Mac.
- Then, choose the option ‘Go’ from the menu bar.
- After that, choose Utilities.
- Next, click twice on the Terminal, which is in the Utilities window.
With the Help of Spotlight
To open the Terminal, you have to use Spotlight, follow the steps to proceed:
- Choose the Spotlight icon, at first.
- Then, in the Spotlight type ‘terminal’ in the search space.
- After that, click twice on the Terminal to open it.
Through Recovery Mode
To open the Terminal, using the recovery mode, follow the steps:
- At first, start your Mac and press the Command key and the letter R, to get into the Mac OS Recovery Mode.
- Then, choose an appropriate language.
- Next, drag down ‘Utilities’ from ‘Mac OS Utilities,’ which is situated at the top of the screen.
- After that, click on ‘Terminal’ to open it in the recovery mode.
To open the terminal using the Launchpad follow the steps:
- Choose the icon, Launchpad to open the Applications window.
- Next, search the icon, Other and then, choose it to open.
- Then, find the Terminal and then, click it.
Thus, by following the methods as discussed above, you can easily get to open terminal on Mac.
If you face any issue while opening the terminal, then place your queries in the comment section. Also, you can follow our official website for a quick solution.