If you have recently purchased a Vivint router, then in order to use it, it is essential for you to log in with suitable credentials. This basically involves username and password consecutively. The entire process is extremely simple and requires performing some simple steps. To know more about the Vivint login process in detail, keep reading the guide further.
How to Perform a Vivint Login?
To start with the process, you will need a Vivint router and also strong access to internet connection either through LAN-cable or Wi-Fi. What basically you need to do is to open your favorite web browser and follow the steps orderly for a successful login
Step 1: Connect to the Internet and Go to 192.168.1.1
Once you open your web browser, navigate to the address bar and type the IP address for your router. As we are discussing Vivint routers, we will enter the IP address for the same. It mainly goes like 192.168.1.1. Make sure to copy the stated IP address and paste it on the address bar. Hit the Enter button or press go, once done.
Step 2: Type the Login Credentials
Once the sign-in page opens up, simply go to the Username and Password fields. Type the details accordingly and then press the Enter button or click on Sign in.
You can check the backside of the router for the default details. However, if you are unable to find, then you can follow the information listed by us below:
- Default Username: admin
- Default Password: admin
These are the overall steps for login to Vivint router. As soon as you log in with the details, you should be able to configure anything within the device. Besides, you can also assign a new username and password for the router. However, make sure that the details are strong but easy to recall.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Perform a 30-30-30 Hard Reset on a Vivint Router?
This is pretty effective, especially if you have recently forgotten the password for your Vivint router. To perform a 30-30-30 hard reset on a Vivint router, follow the steps given below.
- Turn on your router and locate the Reset button. Press and hold the button for 30 seconds.
- Keep pressing the Reset button and then remove the router from the power source. Again, hold the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Now, turn the power on while still holding the Reset button and then do not release for another 30 seconds.
By implementing these steps, the router will be successfully reset to its brand new factory settings.
2. Why can’t I Access my Vivint Router after Entering Default Password?
If you are unable to access your router even after entering the default credentials, then maybe the password was entered incorrectly by you. Hence, in such scenarios, it is recommended to re-enter the password.
Likewise, there is a possibility that the password was changed by you or someone else. In such cases, check if you have jotted it down somewhere else. If you are still unable to access your router after entering the credentials, then simply reset your router by following the steps mentioned in the earlier section.
3. How do I Set Up my Vivint Router?
To set up a Vivint router, just you need to follow the steps given below.
- Connect the WAN port of the router with internet source and then plugin with the power source.
- Now, decide whether you want to connect the router wirelessly or with Ethernet cable.
- Once done, open your web browser and type the IP address for the Vivint router inside the address bar. It is 192.168.1.1 in most of the cases.
- Enter the login credentials written at the back of your router and click on Basic Setup.
- Assign an SSID and Password, then click on Save.