Gaming experience requires intensive and dedicated routes for excellent performance and eliminating the chances of lagging issues. Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the favourite rigs for gaming enthusiasts.
However, tune-ups and modifications are mandatory for your Netgear Nighthawk router to brush up on your game. And, the Nighthawk IP address is one of the best ways to get into your router’s control panel.
However, this is not the only way, Users find the Nighthawk’s IP address helpful when the URL for the control panel doesn’t work. Let’s check out the Netgear Nighthawk router’s IP address’s default value and how you can locate it.
Nighthawk IP Address by Default
Most Netgear Nighthawk routers come with 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway. However, this might vary depending on the make and model of the Netgear Nighthawk range.
For some Netgear Nighthawk routers, the default IP address is 192.168.0.1. So, it promptly catches your router’s IP address when you connect your computer or any other network-enabled device to the Netgear Nighthawk router.
You must retrieve the Nighthawk IP address if your device uses a static IP address. If you are unsure about the actual default IP address of the Nighthawk router, you can proceed to the following section.
How to View your Netgear Nighthawk IP Address?
After accessing its Control Panel, you can check out the Nighthawk router’s IP address. The IP address makes the page retrieval easier than just using the URL. You can use the designated URL for the Nighthawk Netgear router and get your router’s information.
Here’s what you need to do to find out the Nighthawk IP address:
- Connect your computer or mobile device to the Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once connected, open any internet browser on your system.
- Go to the browser’s address bar and type in ‘http://routerlogin.net’. Hit the Enter key to load the webpage.
- This takes you to the Nighthawk router’s login portal, where you must enter login credentials.
- The default username is ‘admin’, and the password is ‘password’. Enter them as they are mentioned here because they are case-sensitive.
- Click the Log In button to access the router’s web-based control panel.
- Next, select the Advanced option from the admin panel. You should be able to view your router’s information and the Nighthawk IP address.
Where else can You find the Nighthawk IP Address?
Temporary glitches might hamper your experience with URL access. If you can’t fetch the login window for the router’s web-based control panel, then do not get disappointed. You can still find your router’s IP address. Check out the router itself, especially its bottom cover.
Chances are there that you might locate the IP address for your router’s web-based admin portal. In addition, you can find the username and password, along with the IP address. If the router has no label with its IP address, you can check out the packaging.
If you have kept the packaging box, it will be easy to fetch the Nighthawk IP address. The label might have peeled off your router, and the original box would help. You need not freak out to learn the router’s IP address if you still can’t manage anything.
The computer you use can also tell you the router’s IP address. The following method is useful when the web-based interface doesn’t work, or you can’t find the box.
For Apple or Mac Computers
Your computer retrieves your router’s IP address as soon as you connect it to the router. In case you own a Mac device, here’s how you can know what your router’s IP address is:
- Start with launching a Terminal window. Navigate to Finder followed by Application. Then, click on Utilities and select Terminal.
- Next, type the following in the Terminal window: netstat -nr | grep default. Hit the Return or Enter key after that.
Now, you can see the router’s IP address in the result.
For a Windows Computer
You can also check the router’s IP address if you have connected a Windows PC to the Netgear Nighthawk router. Go through the guidelines to learn the IP address:
- Press the Windows button and type CMD. The search bar will automatically conduct a search for Command Prompt.
- Once Command Prompt appears in the search result, click the Run as administrator option.
- Agree to the UAC norm, and execute the following command: ipconfig| findstr /i “Gateway”. Finally, press the Enter key.
Make sure that you use the command as it is. Now, you should be able to view the Netgear Nighthawk IP address on your Windows PC.
What if You Reset the IP Address and can’t Remember it?
You might have installed a second-hand Nighthawk router whose IP address has been changed or customised by the previous user. You must reset your router if you can’t retrieve the IP address.
On the other hand, you have to reset the router if you can’t remember the custom IP address. However, you can find the IP address under the Advanced section of the web-based control panel.
Additionally, resetting the Nighthawk router helps you to start from scratch. You can bring the username, password, and other network settings to their default values with a reset.
Here’s how you can reset your Nighthawk router and its network configuration:
- Turn on the router if it’s not. Then, find out your router’s reset button, which should be somewhere on the rear side of the router.
- Get a pin, paperclip, or ball-point pen. This will help you to push and hold the Reset button. Press the Reset button with a bent paperclip and hold it down for up to 20 seconds.
- This will force your router to restart automatically.
The reset procedure will complete when you notice your Nighthawk router blinking its lights.
You can log into the router’s IP address with the default IP address, username, and password. Additionally, you can set parental controls and more to personalise your network. Hopefully, the guide helped you find the Nighthawk IP address.