Do not be surprised if you abruptly fail to open any files on your computer. This is an indication that the system is exposed to a virus. It might be the well-known virus Wanna cry.
This generally spreads through infected computer networks. Once, Wanna cry infects the windows system, it will affect the Hard drive of the computer. Besides that, this makes sure that the users is unable to access the system files.
The only way out is payment in bitcoin. If can be in the form of an encrypted file or an application. Now, if it infects your system then we will recommend that it would be better if you remove this virus as soon as possible.
This article will provide you with the most effective solutions to end this issue. Follow the instructions that are given in this article and get rid of any further problems.
4 Easy Methods to Remove Wanna Cry Virus
If the wanna cry virus has infected the device that you are currently using, then follow the below-mentioned steps to fix such errors.
Method 1: Start the Computer in Safe Mode
If you are facing any issue related to the wanna cry virus, you should first try to start the computer in Safe Mode. And for that you have to follow these steps:
- First, you have to press the Windows and R key together.
- A Run box will appear, type “MSConfig” in the command box.
- Next, you have to hit the Enter button. After that, a configuration box will appear.
- From the tab, select the “Boot” option. Go to the “Safe Boot” option and choose the “Network’ option.
- Then, click on the “Apply” option. Lastly, you have to click on “OK” to accomplish the process.
Method 2: Show the Hidden Files
Certain files tend to hide or appear in the disguised form. Thus, you have to check the hidden files. To remove the wanna cry malware from the device, you have to follow these steps:
For Windows 7 users:
- First, you have to select the “Organise” button.
- Choose “Folder and Search options” after that.
- Next, go to the “View” tab.
- You will find the “Hidden files and folders” section in that tab.
- Lastly, you have to tick on the “Show hidden files and folders” option.
For Windows 8 and 10 users:
If you are using Windows 8 or 10, then you have to go through these steps:
- You have to first open the View Tab.
- Next, mark the “ Hidden items” option from that.
- Lastly, click on “apply” and then click on “OK” to complete the process.
Method 3: Use the Windows Task Manager
You can take the help of the Windows Task Manager to stop the effect of wanna cry virus. And for that, you have to follow these easy steps:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key together.
- Next, go to the Processes section.
- Right-click on the “wanna Cry’ malware and choose the “Open file location”.
- Go to the “Task Manager” to put an end to this matter.
- Lastly, you have to right-click on the End Process to finish the task.
Now, open the computer and check if the problem is still there. Otherwise, you can try to repair the Windows Registry files.
Method 4: Repair Windows Registry
In order to eliminate the wanna cry malware, you can simply fix the Windows Registry files. And for that follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the Windows + R key together.
- A Run command box will appear. Write “Regedit” in the command box and hit the Enter button.
- Press the Ctrl and F key together and write the name of the malicious program in the search box.
- Search for the “wanna cry” malware program and Disable it.
These are the most effective steps to disable the wanna cry virus from the Windows system. If you have any queries then place them in the feedback box.