Rust is an online multiplayer-only survival game. The main objective in Rust is to survive while taking full use of the wilderness to manage your hunger, thirst, and health. Rust is full of experience, and players enjoy playing it until some players face issues related to FPS. FPS abbreviation is Frames per second. Therefore, the more FPS, the higher the game performance will allow you to enjoy playing the game.
If you don’t already know your ingame FPS in Rust, go to the ingame console by pressing the F1 key. Once the console opens, type “perf 1” and enter the command. Once you join a game, you will see white FPS displayed. Subsequently, one should always have a least FPS of 150. With that said, today, we will talk about How To Get High FPS In Rust? First, you need to follow the following steps and make sure you have done them correctly.
System Requirement for RUST:
While every game has a minimum set of systems requires that one should have to run the game. So, first, you need to check if you have the minimum recommended system requirement for RUST.
Following are the minimum system requirements for RUST.
Operating System : 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
RAM: 10 GB RAM
Graphic Card: GTX 670 or AMD R9 280
DirectX: DirectX 11
Game Storage: 20GB
While every game has a minimum set of systems requires that one should Rust minimum system requirement is much likely high tier. If you already meet the minimum requirement and still have LOW FPS, try out the following procedures to increase your FPS.
Update Your Graphic Card Driver:
With much said, having the minimum or recommended requirement for Rust, players still have low FPS, which affects the quality of the game and the player’s performance. In contrast, updating your graphic card driver may resolve this issue. When your graphic drivers are not updated, they sync with the game files. Therefore, with game updates, you need to check whether your graphic card drivers are updated or not.
To update your graphic card drivers following the below-mentioned steps.
If you have AMD graphic card follow these steps
- Right click on start button.
- Click on device managers.
- Click on AMD video card Driver.
- Click on update.
- Install the drivers.
If you have Nvidia graphic card, follow these steps
- Open Nvidia GeForce Panel
- Go to drivers, click on Check Updates.
- Download the driver and install.
After updating and installing the drivers, make sure to restart your system and then launch Rust to clear out the bugs.
Before updating windows, make sure you have activated windows. If your windows is activated only, then you have updates available. By updating windows, the files which do not already support Rust will be updated. Moreover, it will end the errors and vulnerabilities in the system, making it smoother than before. To update your windows, you need to follow the following steps.
- Go Start menu.
- Click on settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Update that is on the left side.
- Check for updates and download.
Once you have downloaded the updates, the system will automatically install the updates. After the installation, restart your system before launching RUST. Subsequently, it may have increased your FPS, but if you still have low FPS, try out other following options.
Close All the Applications Running in Background:
Many of us have no idea how many applications run without our knowledge. These applications consume much of the Cores performance. With this being said, you can close the not-important applications and are still running in the background. To do this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to start menu and search Run
- Once you open Run type “msconfig”, press Ok.
- A new application will open, Click on Services tab.
There you will see all the applications running some of them will be important while some are not. To hide the important applications checkmark “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- Uncheck the unnecessary applications to close them which are not required by the game.
- Click on apply and OK.
This may improve your game performance. Moreover, if the FPS is still low, you can try other options that are given below.
Rust Video Settings:
Like any game-high video, Rust settings add more joy to gameplay – I recommend using the ones mentioned as eXputer settings are trust worthy and tested. At the same, when the game starts lagging and gets clappy, the joy of playing that game is being ruined. In rust, there are many options that add intensive details to the graphics with puts loads of pressure on the system. Hence, players with low-tier systems get low FPS. Furthermore, I will tell you a few options that you need to turn off or set low to increase the FPS in Rust.
- Turn off Anti-alias. Anti-aliasing if turned ON result in better blending of the edges in the game. Incase if you are facing low FPS I would recommend to turn it off.
- Turn off Motion Blur. Motion Blur if enabled results in blur motion while the player is moving. This option is quite unnecessary because it does not affect any gameplay just adds more detail to the graphic.
- Turn off Full reflection which is useless. In any case you can turn it off in the video settings.
- Change terrain quality to low. Terrain quality if high will give you better graphic and you can spot things from a distance. With that said, it also tax your PC by reducing this you can achieve higher FPS.
Subsequently, you can also apply changes to other options if your FPS is still low. The other options include
- High Quality Bloom that should turned OFF.
- Sun Shafts should be turned OFF.
- Sharpen should be turned OFF. This options results in better graphic quality of objects with more realistic look with sharp edges.
- Vignet (OFF).
- Water Quality should be turned OFF. This will only help when there is water the FPS will not drop.
Set Game Performance to High:
While playing the game, your PC focuses on many applications, including your game. Therefore, you can turn the focus of PC towards RUST to increase the game’s performance, in other words, to increase the FPS. To do that, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Task Manage by clicking ALT+CTRL+DELETE keys.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Search for RUST.
- Right-click on the game, after that move the cursor on set priority and click High.
Don’t Overclock your Graphic Card:
With much care, people often overclock their graphic cards in the hope of increasing their performance. In the case of Rust, the game does not support overclocked graphic cards. You can disable the overclocking of graphic cards either if you are using MSI afterburner or other programs for the purpose of overclocking. Moreover, overclocking is majority of the time, dangerous too. It can heat the graphic card and sometimes even result in being dead. If you are not satisfied with the graphic card’s performance, you can always upgrade it to a better graphic card. Rust system requirements are obviously low, since its more than 5 year old game. However, depending on your monitor, 144hz/244hz, or resolution – you should strictly go with RTX 3070, as it’s most likely the best for higher resolution.
While there are many types of overlays, from steam overlay to Nvidia GeForce overlay, these overlays often consume much of the load and even result in bad game performance.
To disable Steam overlay follow the below steps.
- Open Steam client and go to Library.
- Right click on Rust and then go to Properties.
- In the General tab you will see an option “Enable Steam overlay while in-game”
- Uncheck the the option and press OK.
To disable Nvidia Geforce Experience overlay follow the below steps.
- Open Nvidia Geforce Experience Panel.
- Go to settings.
- In the General Tab you will see an option “In-game overlay”
- Uncheck the option and exit Geforce Experience Panel.
After turning off these overlays try running the game. Furthermore, if you still face a similar issue, follow the last option that is below.
Run Game as an Administrator:
Now many people wonder if launching the game in the administrator mode will increase the performance. The answer is quite simple: it does not increase the performance, but it will unlock the permission. If you have tried all the options mentioned above and still your game has low FPS is may be due to some files don’t have permission to run. With that said, you can run RUST as an administrator with the help of the following steps.
- Right Click on the Game icon present on the Desktop.
- Click on Run as an Administrator.
- Once you click a new message bar will pop.
- Click on Run and the game will launch.
If you have tried all the options given above and still face a similar issue, you can contact the support center.