The primary reason behind MS office not responding is the bugs or virus on your system or it can also cause due to the corruption of the MS Word files. Another reason causing the error is the third-party add-ons or the plug-ins. They might conflict with MS office causing such an error. If you are encountering the same problem and do not know the ways to fix it, go through the article in detail. We have mentioned a few easy steps that might help you to solve the issue immediately.
Troubleshooting Tips To Resolve MS Office Not Responding
If you are encountering the MS office not responding error and do not know the ways to fix the glitch, then do not worry. You can go through the following steps and fix the issue without any hassle.
Solution 1: Disable Add-ons
To fix the error, you can try disabling the add-ons. You are likely to get this error when the third-party add-ons are loaded onto the software. You can permanently remove it or disable it to resolve the error. To do the process, go through the following steps:
- At first, you need to open the Microsoft Word and then click on the “File” option. You will get this option at the top left side of the screen.
- Click on ‘Options’ at the navigation bar on the left side of your computer screen.
- Now, choose the “Add-ins” option. The list of all the add-ons will appear on your screen.
- Finally, you need to disable all the third-party add-ons. Restart MS Word and check if the error still prevails.
Solution 2: Uninstall The Antivirus Software
If any third-party antivirus software is installed in your computer, you might encounter the MS office problem. Therefore, you can temporarily disable the software or permanently uninstall the program. To uninstall the third-party antivirus software, go through the following steps:
- Click on the Start menu and then open Control Panel.
- Now, choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Click on ‘Programs’ and then locate the software which you want to uninstall.
- Click on the software and hit the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Restart your computer and check if the error resolves.
If you do not want to uninstall the software, you can temporarily disable it and see if you are still encountering the same glitch.
Solution 3: Repairing Microsoft Office
You can also repair Microsoft Office. The program has an inbuilt mechanism to repair the installation. To repair the corrupted files from your system, you might require administrative privileges. Go through the following steps:
- At first, you need to press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- When the box pops up on your computer, you need to type “appwiz.cpl” and hit on the Enter key.
- The applications of your computer will be shown upon performing the process. Now, you need to search your Office Suite and right-click on it. Choose the “Change” option and another new window will appear on your computer screen.
- Finally, you need to click on the “Repair” option and then restart your device. Check if the problem still persists.
Solution 4: Launching Word In Safe Mode
Along with other solutions, you can launch word in Safe Mode and fix the existing glitch instantly. When you run in Safe Mode, all the third-party services and applications are automatically stopped from running. Follow the guidelines given below to implement the process.
- At first, you need to click on both the Windows logo key and S at the same time.
- Now, type “Microsoft Word” and press CTRL key and click the application. This will launch it in the Safe Mode.
- When the MS Word application launches, start your work. Also, make sure to check the application if it is running as expected. If your computer malfunctions, try restarting your device.
Solution 5: Changing The Default Printer
The error may also occur if the printer settings conflict with Microsoft Word. Therefore, you can change the default printer to some other printers. Go through the following points to change the settings.
- First, you need to click on both the Windows logo key and S at the same time.
- When the dialog box appears on your computer screen, you need to type “ Control Panel.“
- When the application opens, choose the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Now, select a printer and to change the settings, right-click on the printer and choose Options.
- Finally, when the process ends, restart your computer. Check if you are still struggling with the error.
Solution 6: Uninstall And Reinstall MS Office
You can also encounter the MS office problem if the program malfunctions. In order to fix the glitch, you can uninstall and then reinstall MS office. To uninstall the program, at first you need to click on the Start menu and then open Control Panel. Now, select the program and then right-click on it to select the Uninstall option. When the uninstallation process ends, restart your computer and check if still MS office not responding.
So these were the steps to resolve the issue of MS Office not responding. Follow them and you can get rid of this issue.