Skype is the best online chatting platform. Recently, we are facing various issues with Skype though. One of the prominent issue is that the Skype suddenly stops responding to Windows while we are chatting. The users, are facing this issue very often on their Skype account, hence they want a permanent solution to this problem. Thus, in this article we are going to walk you through some efficient ways to fix Skype stops responding Windows issue.
Apparent reasons for Skype not responding
Skype not responding is mainly caused due to the network problem in your computer. Let’s have a quick look at some other possible causes of this issue. Under these situations you might face this issue:
- If there are problem with some specific files in the AppData folder, the problem might occur.
- Due to the use of the backdated version of Skype on your device, the Skype might not respond.
- Use of the backdated version of Windows is one of the possible reason why Skype is not responding.
- In case the network card which you are using on your computer is faulty, then you might face this issue.
Challenging ways to Fix Skype stops responding windows
Below are the flexible ways to resolve the Skype keeps not responding Windows 10 issue, have a glance at them:
- Deleting certain files from your AppData folder.
- Reinstalling Skype on your computer.
- Checking the Skype heartbeat.
- Upgrading Skype to latest version.
- Checking for Available Windows Update.
- Refreshing the Network Settings.
- Updating the Network Card Driver.
Deleting certain files from your AppData folder
To delete certain files from the AppData folder follow the steps:
- At first, from the system tray right-click on Skype icon and select the icon Quit.
- Then, press the Windows key and the letter R simultaneously from the keyboard.
- After that, type ‘%AppData%\skype’ in the Run box and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Next, find the Skype folder and click it twice.
- Thereafter, select all the files and folders and click on Delete to delete the files from the AppData folder.
- Finally, reboot your computer and login to your Skype account to check whether the problem is fixed.
Reinstalling Skype on your computer.
Follow the below steps to reinstall Skype on your computer:
- Press the Windows key and letter R from the keyboard.
- Then, choose Control Panel.
- After that, click on Uninstall a programs from Programs and select Skype from the list of programs.
- Then, choose option Uninstall to remove it from your computer.
- Thereafter, download Skype and login to resolve the issue.
Checking the Skype heartbeat
Follow the steps to check the Heartbeat of Skype:
- At first, open Skype and choose the option Help.
- After that, click on Heartbeat.
- Next, from the website you will get status of the Skype’s system.
- Then, the technicians of Skype will automatically fix the problem.
Upgrading Skype to latest version
Go through the guidelines to see “how to upgrade Skype to the latest version?”:
- At first, open Skype on your computer and choose the option Help.
- After that, click on Check for updates and choose Try the new skype or Update Classic Skype according to your needs.
- The, download and install the updates to resolve the issue.
Checking for the available Windows Update
Follow the steps to check for the available Windows updates:
- Press, the Windows key and the letter I together from the keyboard.
- After that, select choose the option.Update & Security.
- Next, click on check for updates to search for the available Windows updates.
- After, downloading the updates install it and reboot your computer.
- Now check, whether Skype is working on our computer without any connection error.
Refreshing the Network Settings
Go through the steps to refresh the network settings:
- Press, the Windows key and the letter X simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Next, choose the option Command Prompt(Admin) from the list.
- Now, in the Command Prompt type the commands, ‘ipconfig /release;’, ‘ipconfig /renew;’ ‘netsh winsock reset;’, ‘netsh int ip reset;’, ‘ipconfig /flushdns;’, ipconfig /registerdns;’,
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled;’, ‘netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled;’,
- ‘netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled;’, ‘netsh int tcp show global’ and press the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the commands.
- Finally, reboot your computer.
Updating the Network Card Driver
Follow the guideline, to update the Network card Driver follow the steps:
- Click on the Windows logo on the computer screen and in the search panel, type “Device Manager”.
- After that, press the Enter key and click on Network Adapters to expand it.
- Then, right-click on Network Card Driver and then choose the option Driver Update Software.
- Next, click on Search automatically for updates driver software.
- Thereafter, go through the steps as displayed on your computer screen to update the Network Card Driver and exit out from the window.
Thus, by following the steps as discussed above you can fix Skype stops responding Windows issue.
Fixing this issue is not a difficult task. Hence, go through the methods one by one. In case, you face any problem while resolving the issue the place you queries in the comments section. We will get back to you as early as possible.