Majority of the users encounter this error message “NVIDIA display settings are not available” upon opening the NVIDIA Control Panel. This usually takes place when the PC tells you through a popup that you are not presently using a display connected to an NVIDIA group. If the display which you are using doesn’t belong to GPU, it is not possible for you to access the NVIDIA display settings. This issue is very frequent and happens due to various underlying reasons. It might happen that the display is attached to a wrong port. Otherwise, there may be a driver issue.
This post will tell you about several workarounds in a step by step format beginning from scratch. Before you begin with any of the solutions, you need to navigate to the device manager and then disable the GPU. You can fix this problem for most of the cases with the help of this workaround.
Suitable Hacks to Evade NVIDIA Display Settings are Not Available
Go through the below methods to overcome this aforementioned issue:
Fix 1: Examine the Display Connection
The first thing you need to examine is the port where you connect the display. Generally, there are two ports where you can connect your display. It might happen that you can attach the display to the Intel Integrated graphics card. Otherwise, you may have attached it to the NVIDIA graphics hardware. This is the place where the majority of the people gets perplexed.
The port associated with the motherboard is the display provided by the Intel HD Graphics. The display present at the bottom is basically the display associated with graphics hardware. You need to ensure that the connection to the monitor is attached to the graphics port of the system. Then restart the P.C after making certain changes and examine if this error message NVIDIA display settings are not available persists or not.
Fix 2: Modifying the Adapter Output
If you connect the display cable to the graphics card and still receive the same error message, then it’s high time to implement a converter or changing the form of the output present in the graphics hardware.
You have the option to implement a VGA or HDMI Converter. After that, you have the option to use an HDMI port on the graphics card. You can modify the form directly or you can use the previous one. Suppose you use a Display port instead of HDMI or VGA, then you might follow certain combinations and examine if this works for you.
Fix 3: Examining the NVIDIA Display Driver Service
NVIDIA is built with a particular service that runs on your P.C in order for the purpose of managing and controlling the display driver. It is basically additional support to the operating system. Moreover, it acts as a bridge between NVIDIA hardware and the operating system. You will find several such scenarios where the service stops. This is owing to the fact that the P.C is unable to find the NVIDIA software:
- First, you need to press Windows as well as the R key at the same time. After that, you can write services.msc in the run dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Go through all the services till you get the NVIDIA Display Driver Service. Then, you have to right-click and choose Properties.
- After that, you need to establish the Startup type. Next, click on Apply.
- When the service is up and running, you have to check whether the error message Nvidia display settings are not available laptop persists or not.
Fix 4: Updating Graphic Drivers
You can try either manually or automatically in order to update the Nvidia hardware. Moreover, you can opt for Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU). This will guarantee the fact that all the old traces of display driver are removed in order to avoid any discrepancies in the near future. Let’s have a look at the steps which are involved in updating the drivers to negate NVIDIA display settings are not available laptop issue:
- In order to begin the process, you need to install the utility Display Driver Uninstaller. You can go ahead with this step but this will make sure of the fact there is no trace of the drivers.
- You have to launch your computer to the safe mode after finishing the installation of the Display Driver Uninstaller. Go through the rest of the article to know how to boot your P.C in the safe mode.
- Furthermore, you can set up the display driver installer after you boot the computer to the Safe Mode.
- Choose the first option Clean and Restart after you launch the application. The application will uninstall the installed drivers and the system restarts automatically.
- After that, restart your P.C back in the safe mode. Now press Windows as well as R key at the same time. Then write “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and click on Enter. Majority of the cases you will find default drivers getting installed against the hardware. If this is not the case, you can right-click on any empty space and after that choose Scan for hardware changes.
- You will find two options. You can look for the hardware present in Nvidia’s official website. Otherwise, you can allow Windows to install the latest version automatically
How to Update the Driver Automatically?
Follow the below steps to update the driver automatically:
- First, you should make an attempt to update the driver automatically.
- For that, you need to right-click on any hardware and choose Update driver.
- After that, you have the option to choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Next, you should select the section if you wish to update the driver manually and then choose to Browse for Driver. Thereafter, search for the location where you have downloaded.
- Finally, reboot the P.C after completion of the installing process. Then, examine to find whether the error message NVIDIA Display settings are not available Windows 10 issue still persists or not.
We hope that the methods discussed above can solve this annoying issue of NVIDIA Display settings are not available. The above solutions are suitable in most of the cases where the root cause is corrupted system files. Therefore, go through this informative guide thoroughly to combat the aforementioned issue without any hassle. Moreover, refer the user guide to have a quick glance. Also, if you have any new idea you can provide that in the comment section present at the bottom of our website.