In this era of booming technology, Mozilla Firefox is a very well-known and popular open-source web browser among all the browsers. This web browser is compatible with MacOS, Windows, Linux and various types of Operating Systems. Moreover, people love to use this web browser because of it’s user-friendly nature. But, this doesn’t make it glitch-free. However, the users face various types of issues while using the Firefox browser to surf the internet.One of the most complained issues is the Firefox couldn’t load XPCOM error.
Most of the Firefox browser users have complained regarding this XPCOM error. However, the web developers love to use this web browser because of its various extensions to support the development. Still, it acts weird sometimes and gives you an error. Furthermore, it will not allow you to browse the internet. Therefore, if you are looking for some solutions to fix this issue. Then, you can go through this article to know the effective fixing methods.
This article covers the exact methods to fix this firefox error couldn’t load XPCOM issue.
Top 8 Easy Methods to Fix if you find Firefox couldn’t load XPCOM:
- Repair the Corrupt Files
- Simply Reinstall your Firefox web browser
- Back up and do a Clean Install.
- Upgrade your Mozilla Firefox to the latest version.
- Start the Mozilla Firefox browser in Safe Mode and Disable Mozilla Firefox’s Extensions (Add-ons).
- Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings to Default (Refresh Firefox)
- Uninstall and Re-install the Mozilla Firefox Web Browser from your System.
- Run the troubleshooter.
Method 1: Repair The Corrupt Files
At first, you can try this easy fixing method to get rid of this issue. This XPCOM error may arise because of the corrupt files of your system. You need to detect the corrupt files first and then, repair it to solve this issue. However, download the reimage software and run it. This software will help you to scan and restore the missing files of your system. Moreover, it will automatically repair the corrupt files.
Method 2: Simply Reinstall Your Firefox Web Browser
Reinstalling your Firefox browser can be a very effective way for sometimes. Before trying some technical methods, you can try this way to resolve your Firefox issue. At first, you need to uninstall the browser from your system. After that, restart your system. Install the latest version of Mozilla Firefox. This easy method can easily resolve your Mozilla Firefox issues.
Method 3: Back Up And Do A Clean Install
Before applying this method, you need to take a back up of your system’s data. A clean install can remove all the data of your system. Therefore, back up is very important for this method. At first, take a full system back up and after that, follow the steps that will help you to complete the clean install process of your system. Go through the below mentioned steps to do a clean install of your Mozilla Firefox. The steps are –
- You need to download the Revo uninstaller (30-day trial version).
- Now, you will get a setup file of Revo. open it by clicking on it and install it.
- Open Revo Uninstaller from your desktop and choose Mozilla Firefox.
- Now, you need to choose the Uninstall option.
- After that, tap on an advanced button and go through the prompts on the screen to complete the uninstall process of the Mozilla Firefox.
- Choose advanced button and tap on the scan on Revo Uninstaller.
- You will get a present screen which presents the leftover files. Choose all of them and tap on delete option.
- Directly, go to the C:\Program Files. After that, delete the Mozilla Firefox folder.
- Check the C:\Program Files (x86)\.
- After completing the whole process, you need to simply reinstall the Mozilla Firefox. This method can easily fix the issue.
Method 4: Upgrade Your Mozilla Firefox To The Latest Version
This issue may arise because of the outdated version of your Mozilla Firefox web browser. Therefore, you need to upgrade your Mozilla Firefox to resolve the browser issues. Moreover, the new updated latest Mozilla Firefox version can solve various types of minor issues of your Mozilla Firefox. In addition, this method can be very effective to resolve all browsing issues. At first, you need to use any another web browser to upgrade the Mozilla Firefox. Use internet explorer or Google Chrome to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox web browser. After that, install the updated Mozilla Firefox browser. This can easily resolve your Mozilla Firefox XPCOM issue. Moreover, this new updated version of Mozilla Firefox can give you hassle-free performance.
Method 5: Start The Mozilla Firefox Browser In Safe Mode And Disable Mozilla Firefox’s Extensions (Add-ons)
You need to start the Mozilla Firefox browser in the safe mode to resolve this XPCOM issue.
Go through the below mentioned steps to start your Firefox browser in safe mode. The steps are very easy to apply and effective too. The steps are mentioned below section –
- You need to hold down the shift key on your keyboard. After that, double-click on the Firefox application to open it.
- Select start in Safe Mode.
- If you find that your Firefox starts without the XPCOM error message then, the extension of the firefox is the main victim of this issue. In this case, you need to disable installed add-ons. After that, close and start the Mozilla firefox normally, until you find the right plugin which is the main cause of this problem.
- You need to select the Add-ons to disable the Mozilla Firefox plugin from the main menu.
- Disable the installed add-ons in the extension pane. After that, restart firefox normally until you find the right extension.
- Whenever you find the right extension which is the main culprit behind this issue, remove it completely by starting the Mozilla Firefox in Safe mode.
Method 6: Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings To Default (Refresh Firefox)
You can try this easy method to resolve your firefox browser issues. To apply this method you need to follow some steps. The steps are mentioned below- section in this article. Go through the below section to know the steps to reset the Mozilla Firefox settings. The steps are –
- Choose the Safe Mode to start Mozilla Firefox.
- Select refresh firefox.
- You need to select refresh firefox again.
- The refresh Firefox feature restores all browser settings to default, by creating a new user profile and by removing all Firefox’s Add-ons (extensions) and customization (preferences, plugins, added search engines). The Firefox Refresh doesn’t remove below-mentioned items. The items are –
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
- Open windows and tabs
- Browsing history
Method 7: Uninstall And Re-Install The Mozilla Firefox Web Browser From Your System
This method can be very effective sometimes. Uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox browser is the solution for many minor issues of this browser. After uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox browser from your system, you can install the updated version of Mozilla Firefox web browser. To do so you need to follow below mentioned steps. The steps are –
- At first, you need to Backup your Firefox Passwords, Settings, bookmarks etc.
- Completely remove the Mozilla Firefox application with the folders from your system.
- You need to install the updated and latest Mozilla Firefox version.
- Restore the settings of your Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your system.
Method 8: Run The Troubleshooter
If the above-mentioned methods are failed to resolve your firefox browser issue then, don’t be tensed. You can easily run the troubleshooter to get rid of this browser issue. Moreover, the troubleshooter can fix your problem instantly. To run the troubleshooter you need to follow the steps below. These go as –
- Go to the Start Menu button.
- Write ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search box.
- Choose Troubleshooting.
- Tap on the Advanced option.
- Select run as administrator.
- Ensure the checkbox next to Apply repairs automatically is selected.
- Choose the next button.
- Windows will automatically detect the browser problem and fix the issue.
- This troubleshooting process will take a few minutes to complete.
- After completing the troubleshooting process, restart your system.
- Check your Mozilla Firefox browser.
In this article, you will get a complete solution regarding your Firefox XPCOM error issue. Moreover, the methods to fix it are easy to apply and effective at the same time. Therefore, if you are facing the same problem with your Mozilla Firefox browser, then you are in the right place. You can try the above-mentioned fixing methods to get rid of your Firefox browser problem. At first, you can try to repair the corrupt files. After that, simply reinstall or upgrade your Mozilla Firefox web browser to resolve this XPCOM issue. You can easily start the Mozilla Firefox browser in Safe Mode and disable Mozilla Firefox’s extensions to resolve the XPCOM issue of the browser. The above-mentioned methods are quite effective to ensure the possible solution on time. You don’t need to think twice to apply the fixing methods.
In addition, try one of these fixing methods from the above-mentioned ways. Try the methods to see which one is giving you an ultimate troubleshooting solution regarding for your Mozilla Firefox couldn’t load XPCOM. In conclusion, if you like our article or devise any new or easier methods that the users can try, don’t forget to comment below.