One of the most important things when it comes to the proper functioning and the well being of your computer is the antivirus. If you do not have an antivirus that is not installed on your system, that can spell real trouble for you. Among the various options, while choosing antivirus software, McAfee is definitely among the best that you can get. But still, from time to time, issues do come up with this system and the McAfee real time scanning keeps turning off is one of them.
If that is the case, then do not worry as there is a solution to this problem which you will find here in this article. And, with this instructional guide at your disposal, you will be able to solve the ‘McAfee real time scanning won’t turn on’ issue.
Probable Reasons Why The McAfee Real Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off
This is one of those kinds of errors with the McAfee antivirus software that you will be able to fix all by yourself. And this article will be just the instructional guide that will help you. But the fact of the matter is that if you do not have a sound understanding of why the error is generating. Then for sure, you will face certain unintended consequences that will just end up damaging your personal computer. That is why a complete knowledge of the reason the McAfee real time scanning keeps turning off is absolutely imperative. You will be able to avoid a lot of unnecessary errors that might come your way to hinder all of your productivity.
There can be different causes for this error but the first one that comes to mind is that of faulty configuration. This particular feature from McAfee helps in carrying out proper scanning of the system that you are protecting with this software. But if the configuration of this particular feature for the system that you are using it for is not right. Then an issue like this will be absolutely inevitable and will cause problems in your system.
- It might also be the case that something is wrong within your computer system for which the McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off. And in that case, the solutions will be more oriented with your computer.
- Maybe it is the configuration of the other software that are in your system, instead of the McAfee antivirus. And if that is the case then also you might come across this error which compromises your computer security software. In that case, the process of identification of the error will be that much more difficult.
So without any further ado, let us go in straight into the detailed solutions for this problem.
How To Solve The McAfee Real Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Problem
In this section, there is the complete set of solutions that you will need to fix the McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off issue. Here are the different methods that you will need
Use The “oas-disabled-fix.cmd” Utility
This is going to be a rather technical method but still, it is not difficult by any means and here are the steps that you need to follow
- Go to the official website of the product and the download and save this utility from there.
- The double-click on the oas-disabled-fix.cmd to open the dropdown list.
- Click on the run option to Run it on this device.
Use The McAfee Virtual Technician
The McAfee Virtual Technician is quite a useful and effective tool that you can use to fix this particular problem. This has in it all the necessary features to fix most of the problems that might come your way while using this software. And, this includes the McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off issue as well.
Visit the official website and look for the download option of the McAfee Virtual Technician. Then once you find it, click on it to start the downloading process and wait for the download to complete.
Once the download is done, then install that file and then start using this to fix the problem. All of the instructions will be there on the screen to fix this issue.
Use The Security Center
If the McAfee real-time scanning is not working, then go to the Security Center of the system. And from there on, you will be able to enable this operational feature.
- Go ahead and open up the Verizon Internet Security which you will get from the McAfee window.
- From there, look for the Navigation button and once you find it, click on it.
- In the list of all the options that will appear, look for the Real-Time Scanning and after you get it, click on it.
- Then click on the Turn On option.
- Finally, return to the primary Security Center page and from there make sure that the Real-Time Scanning feature is active.
- To end the process, just click on the Close button to close the Security Center.
These are the methods that you would need to apply to fix this particular error.