After updating the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program, the system deals with a lot of problems. The updated version might consume a lot of memory space and as a result, it slows down your device. This might fill your CPU usage over 90% and turn your computer sluggish. This issue sometimes might crash your device. So, if the Malwarebytes using all memory, then here is the solution for you. Thus, keep reading the article to resolve the issue at the earliest.
Easy Hacks to Resolve Malwarebytes Using All Memory
There are several ways that will help you to fix the issue with Malwarebytes eating ram. Here, we have provided some of the efficient solutions to fix the problem. So, read along.
Go through the steps to resolve the problem with Malwarebytes eating ram.
- At first, select the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
- Then, click on Settings to Turn Off the web protection by selecting the Protection tab.
- After that, click on the Web Protection option to turn it off. If you receive any User Account Control, then you should progress by making the changes you would like to. Then, select the Yes button.
- Then, select the Dashboard Navigation option and click on the Current label under the Scan Status option.
- After that, download the latest update of Malwarebytes and restart your device.
Sometimes, it takes some time to restart the device after installing the Malwarebytes. It will help you to update the system and stabilize it. After that, you need to enable Web Protection again.
If the previous method did not work, then you can try this method. The problem might get resolved by rebooting your device in Safe Mode. Here are the steps to do it.
- First, restart your computer. Once it is on, click the F8 key to enter Safe Mode.
- Then, the Advanced Boot option will pop up on the display. Reboot the device in Safe Mode.
- Once you are done, repeat the steps described in Solution 1.
- After, completing all the steps, reboot your device again to bring it back to its normal state. Finally, check if the problem with Malwarebytes continue to persist or not.
If you failed to resolve the issue with the above-mentioned solution, then uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and reinstall it again. Here is the method for reinstalling the program:
- At first, you need to reboot your device in Safe Mode. Use the direction given in Solution 2 to do so.
- Then, move on to the Uninstall Programs from Control Panel and uninstall MBAM.
- After, finishing the uninstallation procedure reboot your device.
- After that, you need to remove all the programs and files related to MBAM.
- Again reboot your system.
- Now, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware afresh and install it properly. Finally, check if the error is fixed.
Check If The Fixed Update Is Installed
After going through all the above-mentioned procedure, you need to check if the problem has been resolved or not. At the same time, make sure the installation of Malwarebytes is done properly. So, open Malwarebytes and then go to the Scan Status section. The status should be written as Current. If this shows, then this means the problem has been resolved.
Here is an alternative way to check it. Go to the Settings option of your device and then, click on the About option. Now, check if the component package is installed appropriately. The version needed to be 1.0.3808 or higher.
This article talks about the probable solutions for Malwarebytes using all memory. Hope this article will help you to get rid of the problem by yourself.