Nowadays, Mac is undoubtedly one of the most reliable devices, which is being used by huge people around the world. People are happy to use this gadget as it is a total package with a ton of various features and technical improvement. Though this device can be useful for different purposes, users have found that many problems appeared on it. One of the most frequently occurring error is that Mac not sleeping. As a Mac user, you might get totally confused to find out why your Mac does not turn on after trying to open many times. If you also come across any such situation that your Mac won’t sleep, then no need to panic. Fortunately, there are different ways to solve it easily and quickly.
Take a Look at the Causes of the Occurrence of Mac Won’t Sleep Issue:
There can be many causes which led to the occurrence issues in your Mac. One such issue is that your Mac won’t sleep. Some reasons for this can be as follows:
- Due to the changes in the settings of the Energy Saver, this issue might arise. It prevents your computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off
- No Wi-Fi network access
- Power Nap is disabled while plugged into a power adapter
- Due to the problem with the Bluetooth settings
Some Efficient Ways To Recover Mac Won’t Sleep Issue
Since there are different ways to come out a Mac which can’t sleep. But we suggest you a few efficient methods among them. One thing is to note down that you have triggered by setting up ‘the Setting’ option when you see the sleep functions of your Mac are malfunctioning. Then, you check that the external display isn’t turned off, Macbook is not in safe mode, Mac’s screen brightness is not dismissed.
For more ways, you can go through the following steps to look for your way around:
Solution 1: Check If The Sleep Settings are Set Properly
Try to check out these steps to fix it in the right way:
- First, open ‘System Preferences’ and choose ‘Energy saver’ folder from the Hardware section.
- After that, tap on ‘Schedule’ option.
- Then, select ‘Sleep’ below the drop-down list for setting the time. Then, select sleep mode. Also, differentiate the device use the proper drop-down list.
- Lastly, hit the ‘OK’ option.
Solution 2: Resetting The SMC
Another thing is that it reset the main SMC chip (System Management Controller). This will help you in resolving the issues involved with fans, lights, video, power etc.
- First of all, turn off the computer and plug into the power adaptor.
- Then, hit on the Shift + Control + Option keys together and power button also.
- Now, leave all keys and the power button thoroughly.
- Last, tap the power button and open your Mac.
Hope that this method will help you to solve this error. If not, go to the next procedure.
Solution 3: Check The Printer And External Drivers
USB can be the cause of the error. First, check that your Macbook works properly without external drivers or printers added. But it is not working properly, follow below instructions:
- At first, close your PC. Then, enter the installation media using a USB drive or a DVD and restart your PC.
- For rebooting, enter your language preference and tap on Repair your computer.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot, Advanced option, Automatic repair subsequently.
- Wait for sometime and restart your computer.
- Check if your issue is recovered or not.
Solution 4: Scan Malware
If still the error persists, then try to remove the virus issue fro your device, Sometimes, a malware attack corrupts the disk files as well as the damage the disk spaces. However, you need to scan the antivirus software in your system. To perform this operation, you may try out the steps below and save your system from an unexpected external display issue.
- Open the Antivirus window by tapping on the installed security software. Now, open the System Preferences window by tapping on it.
- Choose the files which you want to scan or may click on Select All to scan the entire Mac device.
- Now, select the Scan tab. It will take several minutes to find out the virus infected files. Then, it will be detected automatically by running it.
Solution 5: Change Display Resolution
More resolutions or the small amount of resolution on the display can be the reason behind this issue. Then, you need to adjust the resolution and set it to the correct to avoid the external display issue in Mac device.
- Go to the Apple menu from your Apple device and choose the System Preferences.
- Now, click on the Display icon from this System menu.
- Tap on the Default display and check the resolutions of the images. If more resolutions are found than its capacity, then choose a perfect one as well as the refresh rate from your system.
- When the display somehow shuts down during the modification of resolutions, then hit the Esc key to undo the changes. If not, the Apple device will turn off.
If you fail to change the resolution, then try to reboot the Mac system with the Safe mode. So, follow the steps below to make the problem easy to resolve.
- Reboot your system and press F8 from the keyboard immediately after displaying the Apple logo.
- Now, choose the Safe Mode by navigating the keyboard and press Enter to reboot the system in Safe mode.
- Then, reset the video port as per your needs to avoid the video quality issue.
- Now, check the resolution window and this will remove the black screen issue in the external device.
Hopefully, this guide will prove effective in providing you with all the causes and solutions of this irritating issue. You need to read the whole article and then, decide which you are applying first. Hope that our article is useful to you. If you fail to solve the Mac won’t sleep issue by applying any of the methods, then you can rely on an expert.