The fan of a laptop is definitely one of the most important components. While the operational functions are going on the computer system, it gets heated up quickly. The degree of heating depends upon the severity and processing requirements of the task under consideration. That is why the computer fan is that much critical for the proper functioning of your Lenovo laptop. However, from time to time you might face Lenovo fan noise which can indicate different adverse issues within your system.
If you are also getting a similar kind of problem, then do not worry as it is something that is absolutely fixable. You will be able to accomplish it all by yourself by following the proper instructions. Stay glued to the article and keep an eye on the solutions.
Possible Reasons Behind Lenovo Fan Issue
You will be able to fix this issue all by yourself with a proper guide. Since it is hardware and that too a pretty complex one, things can turn out to be worse that can bring a lot of unnecessary trouble for you.
That is the reason why we recommend that you should have proper knowledge and understanding of the underlying causes of this issue.
It is because of this reason that you will be able to avoid a lot of bad consequences that might come your way. All in all, by knowing the possible reasons for this particular issue, your work will be much easier. So in this section, let us get into the details of the probable causes of this issue.
The fan does all of the cooling for the computer motherboard and all the mounted devices on top of it. These things heat up a lot and if there is something that is stuck within the blades of the fan, then it can result in a fluttering noise. If somehow you are getting this noise after physical damage to your Lenovo laptop, then it might be the alignment of the fan is in the wrong way.
That can also be a major reason why you find that you are getting Lenovo fan noise and it is a serious indicator of internal damage. So, whatever the case may be, you will be able to solve that on your own. In the next section, let us go ahead and get into the full details of these processes.
How To Fix Lenovo Fan Noise – Step by Step Process
In this particular section, we will discuss the steps that you will need to fix Lenovo laptop fan noise.
Clean Up The Fan
The most basic thing that you can do to fix this problem is to clean up the fan, in order to remove this particular kind of noise. Over time a lot of dirt and dust accumulate on the blades of the fan. This weighs down on the blades to a great extent and causes misalignment.
When the fan is out of alignment with the proper axis, then all kinds of problems will start coming up. That will also cause the Lenovo fan noise. It is not any kind of normal noise that is just happening by itself. It is causing damage to the system and you will have to fix it as soon as possible.
You can do that by cleaning up the fan, thus removing all the dirt and dust that is there and this will most effectively fix the problem that you are facing.
Disable Some Of The Services
There are certain functions of the computer that are quite a bit taxing on the computer system. To be more specific, these ones are more taxing on the hardware than on anything else of the system. So if these things are currently active on your computer, it might just be the cause behind this issue.
So what you would have to do is to disable that particular software:
- Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key together with the R key, both at the same time.
- Once in that dialogue box, type in services.msc.
- Tap on the Enter key after that.
- Then in the dialogue box that comes up, choose the options – Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, Diagnostic System Host, HomeGroupListener, and HomeGroupProvider.
- Choose the Disabled option from the dropdown list.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then finish by clicking on the OK button.
Deploy The Windows Passive Cooling System
Windows comes up with a unique feature called the Windows Passive Cooling system. This software is meant especially for these cases and this will definitely help you counter this situation easily.
You will have to carry out these steps –
- Select the Power Option by clicking on the Power icon on your main screen.
- Choose the Change plan settings option, which you will get besides the current power plan section.
- Then click on the Change power adapter settings option.
- Now go down the screen into the Processor power management option and expand it.
- Then you will have to expand the System cooling policy and in that, select the passive option.
These are the ways by which you will be able to fix this issue.