The Windows 10 users often complain about not being able to update the Lenovo drivers. If you are using a corrupt, missing, faulty or outdated driver, you might face severe issues. Hence, updating the drivers to the latest version is necessary. If you do not know the methods for Lenovo drivers update, you need to go through the steps given below in the article.
Steps On Easy Lenovo Drivers Update
To know the ways to update your Lenovo drivers easily, you can go through the solutions mentioned below:
Method 1: Manual Driver Update
You can update the Lenovo drivers manually, by visiting the manufacturer’s website. When the site appears on your computer screen, you need to provide the correct model name and then search for the right and the latest version of the drivers. Make sure to check the drivers that you are downloading are compatible with the device you are using. The download may take a few minutes to complete. Finally, you need to install the drivers and then restart your system to check if the new driver is working without any problems.
Method 2: Update Driver Automatically
Alternatively, you can also update the drivers automatically. Look at the following steps to implement the process:
- First, run a full system scan on your computer to detect the problems with the drivers.
2. When the window opens, stating the errors, you get two options to resolve them.
3. You will get ‘Update’ and the ‘Update All’ options.
4. If you want to install the driver manually, you need to select the Update option.
5. However, if you want to download and install the latest driver automatically, choose the Update All option. The process will take a few minutes to complete. Restart your device and then check if you can work smoothly.
Method 3: Using Device Manager
Along with the other two methods, you can also install the latest driver via the Device Manager. Go through the following steps.
1. First, press both the Windows and R together to invoke the Run dialog box.
2. When the Run dialog box appears, type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press the Enter.
3. The Device Manager will open and double-click on the USB controllers option and then, select the ‘USB Composite Device’ option to choose the ‘Update Driver Software’.
4. Lastly, you need to click on the “Search automatically” and search for the latest updates that are available. Now, update the driver.
5. When the wizard pops up, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Now, reboot your computer and check if you are still encountering the glitch.
Method 4: Uninstall Antivirus Software
If you have any third-party antivirus software installed on your device, it might create problems with the device and prevent the drivers to update to its latest version. Therefore, uninstalling them is the best solution that you can try to resolve the error.
To uninstall the antivirus, click on the Start menu and open the Control Panel. Now, click on Programs and Features under the Programs. When the window opens, you need to locate the software that you want to uninstall. Click on the software and then select the Uninstall option, wait until the uninstallation process completes. Finally, you need to restart the system and check if the Lenovo driver updates are working without any hassle.
Method 5: Disable Firewall
You can also disable the firewall and then check Lenovo drivers update Windows 10. Go through the following steps:
1. Click on the Start menu and then open Control Panel.
2. Now, you need to select the System and Security link to choose the Windows Firewall option.
3. Now, on the left side of the screen, you need to choose the “Windows Firewall” option and then select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
4. Finally, you need to select the box beside the Turn off Windows Firewall option and check if the Lenovo driver updates.