When you are using iPhone you may have faced some hurdles, and, iTunes not recognizing iPhone is one of the annoying problems. Many of the users complain about the same thing. If you are one of them, then forget about the problem as we are here to help you to get rid of this issue. Let’s do it in minutes by using some simple steps and processes.
The Prime Things For Solving The Issue
Before doing anything regarding this problem, check some simple things. Check the list below and confirm that you have done them properly:
- Disconnect iPhone and then reboot your PC.
- And of course, don’t forget to Restart your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have updated the Windows.
- Close all of the programs that are running on your computer.
- Disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily as this also can prevent your computer to give access to your iPhone
- Ensure that the USB is not damaged.
- As using a duplicate cable can damage the battery and they don’t last long you should use an original Apple cable.
- You can also use another USB cable instead of the one you are using right now.
- Unlock your iPhone using your passcode if the Auto-Lock of your device is on.
- Check both the USB slot of your computer and the USB connector of your iPhone if they are free from dirt and damages.
- Ensure that your iPhone is displaying the Home Screen.
- Using the USB cable reconnect the iPhone to the Computer.
- Make sure that you are using one of the slots on your computer to connect the iPhone and avoid an external USB-huts.
- If you are using a desktop, then connect your iPhone to the slot that located on the back of the motherboard.
- Wait for a while and give your computer some moment to connect and recognize the iPhone.
- Go to ‘My Computer’ folder and check whether you can see your device as an iPhone and not as a folder or imaging device.
If your computer still fails to detect the iPhone go ahead and follow the next instructions properly.
Check Apple Mobile Device Support
When all of the common actions fail to help your PC to recognize your iPhone you have to check the Apple Mobile Device Support:
To do so, follow these steps:
- To check whether the Apple Device Support is installed to your PC or not, after going to Control Panel click ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Start the Apple Service Again as a step to resolve the issue. Press Windows+R keys together to invoke the Run dialog box. After invoking it type ‘services.msc’ command in the blank box and hit Enter. After doing so, you will find the Apple Mobile Device or Apple Mobile Device Services. Right-click the option and go to the Properties. Choose ‘Stop’ to end the service. To start the service again, hit Start and after that restart your PC.
Reinstall iTunes To Fix The Issue
If you get the message declaring ‘The software required for iPhone is not installed’ instead of getting the device service, then you have to install the iTunes after uninstalling it completely. To do that, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Control Panel and choose ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- There, you will find a list and from the list locate iTunes and double-click it to uninstall the program. Don’t forget to uninstall the iTunes related components at the same time.
- Download the iTunes installer file from Apple iTunes Download Web Page.
These kinds of issues frequently happen to iPhone users. We hope that our article has helped you to resolve your issue using the above solutions. For such more articles don’t forget to stay connected to our website. Thanks for visiting us and feel free to place your comments in the comment section.