The Internet Explorer is a compatible web browser in all aspects. If you are using a Windows Operating System it will always be present in your system. Internet Explorer comes up with a high-quality performance that is backed with the latest and unique features. This makes you efficiently do your work well before the deadline. Moreover, Internet Explorer also offers you a smooth service whenever you browse something. However, you might face Internet Explorer has stopped working on Windows 10 issue at times. This can be a problem for you as it disrupts your work immensely. If you want to resolve the issue on your own take a look at this article to get rid of the problem at the earliest.
The Reasons For Internet Explorer Not Working
Analyze your problems minutely so that you can provide an appropriate solution for them. There can be various reasons for such malfunctioning of your web browser depending on how you are using it.
- There can be an issue with the internet connection which results in Internet Explorer has stopped working on Windows 10.
- You can also face such issues if the Internet Explorer process running in your system goes to a deadlock state where it cannot function accurately.
- Internet Explorer sometimes crashes if your Windows Firewall has blocked the software accidentally.
- If the data and cached memory of Internet Explorer are corrupt then it may crash abruptly.
- The temporary files in your system can also malfunction if the files become redundant.
- An improper update to your Operating System can lead to such difficulties.
- Moreover, the version of your Explorer might get outdated and require an update. In such cases, update Internet Explorer to get rid of the malfunctioning.
- Using third-party antivirus software can sometimes block access of Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working: Get Easy Hacks
Given the importance of the software, you need to resolve the errors at the earliest. Here are some of the quick hacks by which you can get an error-free Internet Explorer browser.
Use Explorer Crash Reporter
When you notice that your Internet Explorer web browser crashes, you can check the Explorer Crash Reporter. This is basically a dialog box where you can give feedback to Internet Explorer about the problems you are facing. If you like Explorer to notify you about the defects, don’t forget to click on that option as well. Moreover, if you want to understand the technical details of the error, click on “Details.” You can also add further information if you find that it will be a help for Internet Explorer to fix the issue. The more information you can provide the better will be the solution.
Switch To Safe Mode
If you see Internet Explorer stopped responding, you can also give try launching Internet Explorer in “Safe Mode” to analyze if the extension of the browser is causing an issue. You can open Explorer in Safe mode by pressing the “Shift” key while it is opening. Furthermore, you can also click the menu button – > Question Mark -> Restart with Add-Ons Disabled.
Reset Internet Explorer Using Refresh
- After opening Internet Explorer you can directly click on the “Refresh Explorer” button.
- Select the button again to accept the confirmation.
- Then Internet Explorer will automatically shut down to refresh the browser by itself. When the process is complete, a window will appear showing all the imported information.
- Select “Finish” to open Internet Explorer.
Uninstalling Internet Explorer Using Control Panel
- Click on the “Start” button on your computer.
- Then you have to type “Control Panel” in the search field.
- Click on the Control Panel to open it.
- Locate the “Programs and Features” option and select it.
- You will see a list of software installed on your computer.
- Find “Internet Explorer” and right-click on it.
- Then select the “Uninstall” option from the menu.
- Internet Explorer will be uninstalled from your system.
Sometimes the add-ons can be a reason for the malfunctioning of Internet Explorer. In such cases, you need to disable the add-ons to get a glitch-free experience in your browser. Add-ons are simply an extension of your web browser that offers you several additional benefits while you are using it. For an instance, if you wish to block online Ads then the add-on AdBlock can help you do that. Extensions are often enabled manually and sometimes it is automatically done by your system. If any of the add-ons in your system is corrupt then you may notice Internet Explorer has stopped working on Windows 10. Take a look at the ways to disable it.
Press the Windows button and R button at the same time from your keyboard. Then in the Run dialog box type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit the Enter button. Go to “Programs” then “Manage the add-ons” options. A list of Internet Explorer add-ons will appear on your screen. Right-click on each of the processes and select the option “Disable” to disable it from Internet Explorer. Now, restart your computer and see if the issue persists.
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes using a third-party antivirus blocks some of the important Windows components including the taskbar. Follow these steps to uninstall the software from the computer.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box and type “Control Panel” in the search field.
- Then, click on the Control Panel to open the window.
- Now, select the option “Programs and features”.
- A list of all the software installed on your device will come up. Locate the third-party antivirus from the list and right-click on that.
- Now, select the “Uninstall” option. Wait for the system to remove the software completely. After that restart your computer and check if the issue persists or not.
Turn Off Windows Firewall Temporarily
Sometimes turning off the Windows Firewall can help you get rid of the shutdown issue. This is because some important DLL files might get blocked by the Windows Firewall.
Press the Windows button and open Control Panel. Then search for “Windows Firewall” in the search bar. Open the Firewall window by clicking on that option. Select the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option on the left panel of the screen. Activate the radio button “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” and click on OK. Then you need to repeat the update process all over again.
Reset The Computer
Windows black screen with cursor after login can easily be resolved if you reset the PC. To do this perform the following steps. Click the “Start” button located on the left side of the taskbar. Then in the Start search field type “Settings” and select the option. The Settings window will appear on your screen. Then choose the option “Update & Security” and click on it. Now go to the left corner of the screen and select the “Recovery” option. Under the “Reset this PC” section there is a button “Get started”. Hit the button to reset your computer. Wait for the process to end. At last, restart the computer and analyze whether the defect is occurring or not.
Terminate Explorer.exe Process
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del together from the keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Then navigate to the Process tab. A list of processes that are currently running in your system will appear.
- There you need to locate the “explorer.exe” process and right-click on it.
- Select the “End Process” from the drop-down menu.
- At last, restart the machine and see if the problem is resolved.