The error 0x80248007 is basically an update-related error. It occurs at the time of updating the Windows OS of your system. In that case, the Windows update fails to find out the Microsoft software License terms. And thus, this error code appears.
By any chance, if you are also dealing with the same error code, then this article is the right place for you. Have a look at the entire article and know the exact solutions related to the issue. So, let’s start the discussion.
Method 1: Clean the SoftwareDistribution Folder
The introductory SoftwareDistribution folder contains some files that can get corrupted easily. In any case, if the files get corrupted, then users might face a number of error codes as well. At that time, removing the corrupted files can help you to fix the issue.
- The very first thing you have to do is to tap on the Windows and the E button at the same time from your keyboard. It will help to launch the File Explorer window.
- After that, tap on the Ctrl and the L key simultaneously to access the “Address Bar”.
- In the Address Bar, you have to type “%systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution” in the blank box. Now, click on the Enter button. It will help you to open the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Now, navigate to choose the DataStore option and click on it. Choose “Download Delete the contents of both Folders.”
- At the final step, you have to restart your device and keep waiting until it turns on automatically.
- Check if you are still facing the same or not.
Method 2: Install the latest version of Windows 10
For an outdated version of Windows OS, users can get the error 0x80248007 with their device. In that case, users should download the latest version of the Windows they are using. To continue with this method, at first, you need to switch on the computer. After that, choose the Start icon and click on it.
You can see many options on the screen. From there, select “Settings” and move to the icon “Update and Security.” Now, select Windows Update and tap on it. Now, choose “Checking for updates” by tapping on it. Keep waiting for a couple of minutes. You can notice that the system is scanning for the available updates.
Just click on the available update and let your system install and download the update. Keep patience while the downloading method is going on. Finally, reboot your computer and check if you are still encountering the issue or not.
Method 3: Utilize the Elevated Command Prompt
If you are encountering the feature update to Windows 10 version 1607 error 0x80248007, then you should use the elevated Command Prompt. It can help you to solve the issue on your own. So, follow the undermentioned steps exactly the same to do so.
- First of all, you have to tap on the Windows button on your keyboard.
- After that, navigate to the Command Prompt and just right-click on it.
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option by tapping on it.
- Then, launch the Elevated Command Prompt and there, type “net start msiserver” in the box.
- Then, tap on the Enter key on your keyboard. This will help you to administer the Command Prompt.
- Now, tap on the X button and exit from the Command Prompt. Moreover, you can type Exit in the box and tap on the Enter key. Both processes will help you.
- At the final step, reboot your device and check if the method is reliable for you to solve the error code or not.
Hopefully, the above article will help you to fix the feature update to Windows 10 version 1607 error 0x80248007. But if you find any complications, then you can surely write to us addressing your doubts. We are eagerly waiting for your feedback.