Driver power state failure windows 10 generally appears with an error code 0x0000009F. It is one of the common blue screens of death error which is related to the drivers of the system. This error can strike due to the incompatible drivers or for the incorrect settings of the power. Mostly, during the time of updating the OS to Windows 10, users encounter this irritating issue. We know, that drivers are the most important part of the Device to run the external devices like keyboard, mouse etc. So, if you face this issue, it will not allow the connection with the external devices. Generally, users get panic when they see the BSOD error on the screen. But now it is the time to end your worries. Just go through this article, you can solve this issue for sure.
Possible Reasons for Encountering Driver Power State Failure on Windows 10
This error generally strikes for placing the operating system to sleep mode state while you can still work on your device. So, we can say that this error is encountered when you try to log in to your device. There are many reasons why you experience this type of failure on your device. So, before fixing it, you need to find the exact cause for this troublesome issue. The general causes behind this issue are:
- Misconfigured or outdated Device driver.
- Incorrect Power settings.
- Outdated BIOS.
- Overprotected Antivirus software
- Graphics card drivers.
Some Effective Methods to Fix Driver Power State Failure on Windows 10
Don’t panic after seeing this BSOD on the screen, because fixing this issue is relatively simple. You can easily solve this issue by some easy methods stated below. So, we suggest that you should perform all the methods one by one.
Method @1: Turn off power savings
This error can be encountered for the power settings issues. So, turning off the power savings might help you to solve your problem.
- First, press the Windows key and R key on the keyboard at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type cmd and choose OK. It will open the Control panel.
- Find ‘Power options’.
- Go for ‘Balanced (recommended)’ option, and then click ‘Change plan settings’.
- Select ‘Change advanced power settings’.
- By expanding ‘Wireless power settings’, you will find ‘Power saving mode’. Change it to ‘Maximum Performance’.
- Now, expand also the ‘PCI express’. Change ‘Link state power management’ settings to ‘Maximum power savings’.
- Choose Apply and press OK.
- At last, reboot your device and check this problem is gone or not.
Method @2: Uninstall the problematic drivers
Go to Device manager and check the driver status. If there is a yellow mark beside a driver, then just uninstall it. Yellow mark means this driver is damaged or corrupted. Just follow these steps to uninstall such drivers.
- Open the Run box and type devmgmt.msc. Click OK.
- Find the problematic drivers by expanding this category.
- Right click on this specific driver.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Do this same with all the devices with a yellow mark.
- After uninstalling all such drivers, just reboot your device.
If you don’t find any driver with a yellow mark, then avoid this method and try other methods provided by us.
Method @3: Update the drivers
You can fix this issue by updating the drivers. It is the easiest and effective hack to fix this error.
- First, go to run box and type devmgmt.msc.
- Find the drivers which need an update.
- Right click on such drivers and update it.
Method @4: Run an SFC Scan
SFC scan helps to fix the corruption of the file. To complete the SFC Scan, you need to follow the steps.
- Go to the Run box. Type cmd to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt Section, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press the Enter Key on the Keyboard.
- Then, the SFC scan will scan your Device effectively. Don’t cancel the scan process until it will finish completely. After Scanning, it will show the corrupt Files of your Device.
- After Scanning, if there are any corrupt Files in your Device, type this
“findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt.”
Then, press the ENTER key.
- If you want to skip the repairing of Corrupt files, then just type this code,
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
- You can find the details of the SFC scan on the sfcdetails.txt file which will appear on the Screen.
You have to remember that you have to do the DISM scan before running the SFC scan. These both scanning process will fix this problem.
Method @5: Upgrade the BIOS
BIOS is the Basic Input Output System. BIOS helps to identify and troubleshoot all the hardware issue of your device. If the BIOS is not updated then it causes the “driver power state failure” issue. To resolve this, you have to change the settings or update the BIOS. It is easy to update the BIOS, but you have to be careful when you have updated this. In case of any mistake or an, if an error occurs, you may lose your data. So, we have a suggestion, that always keep a backup of your data first, then update it. Then there will be no fear to lose your data.
To update the BIOS, you have to maintain these following some steps.
- First, go to Technical Support Website of your Device’s company and search the Device name which you use.
- Go to the ‘Drivers and Softwares’ option and by expanding this you will find BIOS/UEFI.
- Click the Eyes shaped button to see the latest update of the BIOS for the System.
- Download the latest version of it.
- Now, open the .exe file and follow the instruction to update the BIOS.
- Restart the Device and check that the issues are resolved or not.
If the problem is still annoying you, just do the next method.
Method @6: Reinstall Windows
Reinstall the Windows may fix this issue. So, follow these below steps.
- First, Insert the Window installation DVD.
- Then, Restart your device.
- Press any key on the keyboard to boot from the CD.
- Select the language, keyboard method and time as your preference.
- Now, select Next.
- Go for ‘Install Now’.
It will take several hours to install Windows. After reinstalling, check this issue has gone or not.
Method @7: Check digital signature of drivers
The ‘Sigverif’ tool of your device verifies the Device’s integrity. Try to disable or update the drivers which have an invalid signature.
- First, go to Start.
- Type ‘sigverif’ and press Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now, choose the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on ‘Look for other files that are not digitally signed’.
- Now, type C:\Windows\system32\driversReplace C: with the letter of the drive where the Windows is installed on.
- Then, go to ‘Logging’.
- Check the “Save the file signature verification results to a log file” checkbox.
- Press OK, and then Start.
Method @8: Remove or disable Antivirus software
Antivirus software is very important for the Device but sometimes it also causes the ‘driver power state failure’ issue. If you find that the main reason behind your problem is the Antivirus Software, then just disable this software. Check if the problem still persists or not. If you still face this problem, you have to uninstall this software. It will help you to fix this error.
Method @9: Change the Graphics card to older version
Sometimes the Graphics card driver may cause this problem. So, we have a suggestion to roll back to the older drivers. You can do it by following these easy steps.
- First, open the Device manager.
- Go to the Display Adapter section and click on the Graphics card of your device.
- Open the Properties window. You will find the Driver tab and choose the ‘Roll back driver’.
- Wait for sometime to finish this process.
If you don’t find the ‘Roll back’ option, you have to uninstall this driver. Then, go to the Graphics card manufacturer website and download the older version of the Graphics card driver.
We hope that you’ll find this article helpful. If you still have any question regarding this ‘driver power state failure on Windows 10’ issue, then it is best to opt for an experts help.