Canon is a brand which is most popular among the users. If the printer does not print in black ink, it might be due to the printhead nozzles. Sometimes they are seen to prevent the black ink from getting into the paper. In some cases, black ink may fall out or black ink may print if an empty ink cartridge is clogged. The restoring process of the black ink is to clean the nozzles. It is thoroughly discussed in this article. Before going to troubleshoot at first, you have to know the causes of this problem and then, know how to fix the Canon printer not printing black issue in your printer.
Why Canon Printer Not Printing Black
Some causes are there for this issue. If you are not using your Canon printer daily, then your printer may be dry out. So that, you can see this issue appears on your printer. Sometimes, the ink cartridge may be filled with liquid ink, but the printer tries to print when the head is dry, but nothing shows on the paper. Or sometimes, if there is a problem with the ink cartridge then you may face this problem. Occasionally, if you are using the old version of Canon printer, then you can face this problem. These are the main common causes behind the occurrence of this problem.
Four different solutions to fix Canon Printer won’t print Black
Four different effective solutions are there to fix the Canon printer won’t print black. Below we have mentioned some ways, go through them:
Solution 1- Cleaning Process
By using the cleaning process, you can fix this problem in your printer. Follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to open the printer.
- In the printer tray, make sure you must put there 5 or more A4 size papers.
- Next, you have to open the paper output tray and also open the output tray extension.
- Then, select the Setup option to start the cleaning process.
- In the Setup section, you can see the tools icon, click on it.
- When the tools box opens, you need to navigate to the Maintenance Menu and then press the OK option to open it.
- Once the Maintenance Menu opens, you need to select the Deep Cleaning and then press the OK option.
- For the confirm you have to select YES and then the OK option.
Now, your printer will start cleaning. Wait for sometime to complete this process. After you are done with this process, restart your printer and then, check whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 2 – Use Genuine Cartridges
If you are not using genuine cartridge then you face this problem in your printer. So, you should use genuine ink or toner supplies. Because the Canon does not guarantee the quality of duplicate cartridges. So that, you must use the genuine cartridges. Canon printer doesn’t print black might also be caused for this reason.
Solution 3 – Update The Printer Driver
Update the printer driver may solve this problem. When you use this printer, you must check that the printer driver is up to date or not. If your printer driver is not updated then you may face this problem. So, as soon as possible, you must update your Canon printer driver and solve this problem. For this, you need to go to the Canon official website page and then, search your printer’s driver name. Once you see the update is available, then click on the Update option. After completing the update process, restart your printer and check the problem will be solved.
Solution 4 – Check And Replace The Problem Cartridge
If the above three solutions do not work, you can try this solution to fix the problem. Go through the below ways:
Way 1 – Identify the cartridge to replace
At first, you need to identify the cartridge to replace it.
- In the beginning, you can review the first page as already discussed solution 1.
- Next, you have to check the color blocks and the text on the test page.
If you can see any problem with the color blacks and text, then the problem is in the black cartridge.
Way 2 – Replace the problem cartridge
You must replace the problem cartridge from your printer.
- First, you have to put the paper on the tray.
- Then, you need to turn on your printer.
- Once the printer is on, check the cartridge door.
- Next, slowly hold down the cartridge and then remove it.
- You need to remove the new cartridge and then remove the plastic tape.
- Hold the cartridge near the nozzles and insert the cartridge into the ink nozzles.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot until it clicks.
- Then, close the cartridge.
Way 3 – Align The Printer
Next or last you must align the cartridges.
- At first, you need to turn on your printer and the paper is there in the input tray.
- Then you have to click the next button to open the Setup icon.
- You have to click on the right arrow button to open the tools and then click on OK.
- Next, you need to click on the right arrow button to open the Align Printer and then click on OK. The printer now prints on the alignment page.
- Close the lid and press the Ok to complete the alignment.
- Wait for the printer to scan the alignment sheet and complete the alignment process.
We hope, the above solution will help you to fix the Canon printer not printing black issue in your printer. Follow these above solutions with the steps and do it in your printer. In case if you face any problem, do the comment. We will give the update soon.