Though Canon printers are popular for its reliability, it is not free from the occasional glitches. Users often encounter Canon printer error code b200 with their printer.
The main reason to encounter this error is a faulty cartridge. When this error occurs in the printer, the printer freezes and you encounter an error message showing “A service error has occurred”.
If you are facing this error and looking for fixes, then let this article guide you. Here, we have listed some effective methods, and hopefully, it will help you to eliminate this glitch from your printer.
Resolving Canon Printer Error Code B200
Mentioned below are some effective methods, which you can try to eliminate this issue from your printer. The steps may differ as per the model of the printer you are using. Try to follow them exactly as listed and fix this error in no time.
In Case of 4+ Cartridges Canon Printers
If you are a user of 4+ Cartridges Canon Printers, this workaround will be helpful for you. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the top cover of the printer. Now, you will find that the cartridges will lift upwards automatically. Next, remove all the cartridges from the cradle.
- Next, you need to remove the printhead by lifting up the lever situated just beside the cartridge cradle. Once you lift the lever, simply remove the printhead from the printer. Next, reinsert the printhead back to its original position in the printer and make sure that you have locked the cover.
- After that, reinsert all the cartridges into their correct place in the printer and make sure that there is no open door. Once you close the door of the printer, it is ready with access to the cartridges and printhead.
- Now, physically unplug the cord of the printer from the wall outlet and leave it unplugged for more than 6 minutes.
- It will cool down the printer and the lingering electrical energy will be eliminated. Once done, replug the printer.
- As this error also occurs due to irregular access to the printhead, so in the final step, perform a cleaning cycle or extensive nozzle check and see if it resolves the error or not.
In most cases, this method will help you resolve the issue. However, if you are using another printer model, move to the next method.
For 2 Cartridges Canon Printer
In case, you are using 2 Cartridges Canon Printer instead of 4+ Cartridges Canon Printers, try out these steps:
- First of all, turn the printer Off. As the cartridge cradle can also lead to Error B200, restarting the printer can fix it on the printer. Now turn on your printer again.
- If you have a rough idea, which cartridge you have removed last, eject that cartridge from its slot.
- In case of 2 cartridge Canon printer, the printhead is a part of the cartridge. So, the main limitation of it is, you will not be able to resolve Canon printer error code b200 without replacing the glitched cartridge. So, you need to replace the cartridge with an old cartridge or replace it with a new one.
- Perform an extensive nozzle check or a cleaning cycle. By performing this, you will be able to detect whether you have replaced the desired cartridge from the printer or not.
- If the issue persists, you need to replace the other cartridge with a new cartridge or an old functioning one.
- As the name suggests, this printer works with 2 cartridges, so obviously, one of the two cartridges has a fault. Relacing them one by one can resolve this error.
These are some effective steps and procedure to eliminate this error from a 2 Cartridges Canon Printer. In most cases, it will work for you. As the troubleshooting process is not so easy, you can contact an expert if needed.
After going through this article, hopefully, you will be able to resolve this error on your device. On that note, if you have any further queries related to the steps provided, you can share. On that note, let’s conclude this post here and will see you in the next post. Share your thoughts with us via your valuable comments.