As Avira antivirus provides exceptional protection against malware and virus, it has become the first choice of users around the world. People prefer this antivirus for its performance but many times the users become frustrated because of some of its complications. One of the most complicated matters regarding this antivirus is that it refuses to uninstall easily. While it is very easy to install the antivirus, the uninstallation of it is really tough at the same time. Whatever the reason is when one user wants to uninstall the antivirus it prevents the user to do so. If you are also stuck because Avira won’t uninstall, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we are going to explain the processes to uninstall the Avira Antivirus without any hiccups.
Easy Methods To Uninstall Avira Antivirus
Before telling you the methods and steps to uninstall Avira antivirus, we will advise you that your device needs an antivirus. But if you don’t need it anymore, then you may proceed.
First of all, click on the Windows icon and choose Settings. From the System menu, open Apps and Features option. From there, choose the product that you want to remove related to Avira and hit ‘Uninstall’. To affirm the uninstallation, select Yes and proceed. Wait for some moments and let the Avira setup uninstall entirely. Once you are done, restart your PC.
If the above process fails to work, then go on with this one. First of all, you have to download Avira Registry Cleaner and then in Safe Mode start your computer. Delete the Avira Directories under the program and applications files after opening Windows Explorer. After that, use the Avira Registry cleaner and clean the Windows Registry. Here, you have to accept the terms and conditions and then, press removes and reset the Windows LSP. After completing the task reboot your computer in normal mode. This will resolve the Avira antivirus won’t uninstall issue.
If you are stuck with Avira connect won’t uninstall in Windows 8, follow the next steps:
- Press Windows+F keys together and go to Control Panel.
- From there go to Programs and Features to move forward.
- Right-click on the ‘Avira product’ that you need to uninstall and select Uninstall.
- After that, you have to confirm uninstall notification by clicking Yes.
- And then, again you have to Click Yes to confirm the activation of the Windows Firewall.
- Now, it will take some time to complete the uninstallation process.
- After finishing the whole process reboot your Computer.
- Here, you will find that after restarting, your PC is free from the Avira Antivirus.
To uninstall it from Windows 7 follow the steps below and uninstall it easily.
- Click the Start button and open the Control Panel.
- From there go to Programs and then select Programs and Features.
- Here, you can see a list. Right-click on the ‘Avira product’ that you want to uninstall and choose Uninstall.
- Then, you need to confirm the product uninstall notification that will come next with Yes.
- Select Yes to confirm the activation of the Windows Firewall.
- Now, it will take some time to execute the uninstallation of the product.
- Reboot your system after doing all the above actions.
- For sure, after the restart of your Computer, the Avira product won’t be there ever.
If you are using Mac and want to get rid of Avira antivirus, then we are here with the core solution. Follow the steps below to complete the uninstallation:
- At first, go to the menu bar and then Finder. From Finder go to Go followed by the Utilities.
- There you will find the Avira-Uninstall icon. To start the uninstallation wizard, click on it.
- Before going further with the process of uninstallation you have to confirm the deletion of the quarantined files.
- Put the username and password with authenticating administrative rights.
- From your PC, the Antivirus for Mac will be uninstalled permanently.
Uninstalling an antivirus is a work of a headache but we hope that you have done it easily with the above instruction. Place your comments regarding the Avira won’t uninstall issue. For more alike articles don’t forget to stay connected to us.