Avira antivirus is popular for its supreme quality, anti-theft and anti-malware protection features. Moreover, it protects your device from harmful web threats effectively. Besides its incredible functionalities, some of the technical glitches turn it complicated to handle. You may get stuck with the unexpected error message, Avira won’t open when you try to open the Avira to scan your system. Furthermore, it diminishes the system’s performance and your system starts to freeze on a frequent basis. If you encounter this error code in your Avira antivirus, then read out this article. This article is exclusively for this error, so you need to read this article and follow the instructions mentioned here to get rid of this error as early as possible.
Fix Avira Won’t Open Windows 10 With Few Simple and Easy Steps:
Some of the common issues are responsible for the occurrence of this annoying issue. Before resolving them, you need to identify the core issues behind this Avira problem. However, there are some effective steps to overcome the Avira won’t open issue without any problem. So, you may try out the following steps to fix it as soon as possible.
Fix 1: Reinstall Avira Software
Improper installation or a missing file associated with the Avira sometimes creates the Avira won’t open issue. Therefore, you can perform the following steps to overcome this problem.
- Type “Control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- In the Control Panel window, choose the option Programs and Features from the list of the items.
- Now, choose to Uninstall a Program option and click on it.
- In the next window, you can find out a list of applications which you have already installed in your system
- Choose the Avira Antivirus software and its associated files.
- Right-click on them and click on Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation process by tapping on the Yes button from the resultant dialog box.
- It will take a few minutes to remove the Avira software from your system and wait until it shows the successful antivirus removal message.
Once done, try to reboot the device and launch the browser window by tapping on the web browser icon. Now, go to the Avira official website and download the updated version of Avira. Then, run the executable files from the newly downloaded folder and set up the new version of Avira on your system successfully. Now, try to run the antivirus program and check whether the message, Avira won’t open appears on the screen or not.
Fix 2: Disable Web Protection Temporarily
Sometimes, strong web protection causes the Avira issue and without disabling it temporarily, you won’t able to fix it immediately. So, to disable this option, follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings from the Start menu and open the Internet Protection window by tapping on that specific tab.
- Disable the Web Protection option from the next window by moving the slider.
- Tap on the Apply button and confirm the antivirus temporarily disabled process by tapping on the OK button.
- When done, restart the device and verify if the same message is shown on your Windows screen or not.
Fix 3: Disable Real-Time Protection
Many times Windows Defender real-time protection program creates a barrier to open the Avira antivirus window and stop performing the scan operation. Therefore, to fix this error, disable this option.
- Type “Defender” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Defender malware protection window.
- Click on Virus & Threat Protection tab from that window.
- Choose the option Virus & threat Protection settings and disable the Real-time protection by tapping on it.
- When done, reboot the system and try to open the Avira to verify if the Avira won’t open Windows 10 error is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Re-enable Avira
Most of the time, the Avira software stops responding due to an internal issue. So, you must disable the Avira service at first and then re-enable it. This will solve the issue in most of the cases.
- Click on the Cortana searching box and type “services.msc’ here.
- Now, hit the Enter key and launch the Windows Service window.
- Locate the Avira Antivirus app and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties from the drop-down menu and check its current status from the resultant page.
- From the Startup panel, check the Startup Type of Avira and make it Automatic.
- Apply the new changes by clicking on the OK button.
- Now, close all the active windows and re-open the Antivirus window. Now, check whether the same problem arises when you try to launch it.
Fix 5: Upgrade Avira Manually
Outdated Avira sometimes fails to generate the desired results and shows the unexpected error message, Avira won’t open Windows 10. Without performing the update process, you won’t be able to access the Avira security software.
- Download the Avira update software and generator from the Avira official website.
- Now, save the file on your desktop and double-tap on it to open the folder.
- Run the executable file and install the Avira Generator.
- Now, open Avira and click on the Update tab.
- Click on the Manual Update option and load the Zip file which you have installed from the Avira website.
- Tap on the Install Folder and wait for a few minutes to complete the installation program.
Fix 6: Perform Windows Troubleshoot
- Press the Windows key and launch the Start menu.
- Choose the Settings app from the Start menu and click on Update and Security.
- In the Update and Security section, you will get Troubleshoot option and click on it to perform the Windows Troubleshooting program.
- It will run and diagnose the corrupted files associated with the Windows internal issue as well as repair the antivirus problem.
In the above content, we have discussed the problems associated with Avira for significant reasons. Moreover, we have given the steps to troubleshoot them properly. So, we hope this article will be helpful to fix the Avira won’t open issue permanently without any hassle.