AVG is one of the best and fastest growing antivirus company in the market. Another thing which attracts there customer is AVG premium’s price is way cheaper than other anti-viruses. But there is no flawless software. People often complain that AVG appears slower on the computer. Other than that, it also struggles to stop the viruses like Trojans and rootkits to download in the computer, even though AVG usually checks for the malware before the files can be embedded into the system. But on top of everything is the problem where the users see the error message Avg won’t uninstall. There are usually diverse reasons to uninstall the AVG antivirus from their systems but if they cannot, it really serves as one of the most crucial of problems.
That’s why today we will solve the Avg antivirus won’t uninstall problem for all the latest versions of Windows.
Methods to fix the AVG Won’t Uninstall Problem
People often found a different kind of error message during the uninstalling process which includes:
- Error: Checking of state of the item file avgcc.exe failed.
- File opening failed. %FILE% = “C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe”.
- Local machine: installation failed.
- Permission denied.
There are a few methods available to fix the AVG won’t uninstall problem for all the Windows versions. We will start with the most common and fastest methods at first and then, slowly progress to the longest method.
So, without taking too much time, we will dig in to solve the problem.
The first thing you should do when this type of error shows is to reboot the computer. This way you will make sure that there is no AVG test or updates are working at the background and after the restart, sign in to the user account and activate the Administrative Right. Then, try to uninstall the computer again.
Using the SublnACL command line
You can also use the SublnACL command to fix the problem. SublnACL is a command-line tool which enables the administrators to obtain security information about files, registry keys, and services and also transfers the information from user to user, local or global group to group and also domain to domain so think before using this method.
- At first download SublnAcl and run the .msi file to extract it. Then put the folder on the hard drive
- Once its done, open the NotePad in the device and type the below commands. Then, copy-paste the following command into the reset.cmd file
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
- subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
- subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
- subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
- then run reset.cmd
After using the following comand we hope your problem will be solved. If the problem is still there then proced to the next step.
Using the Control Panel
If the above method does work then you can use the Control Panel to fix the problem.
- At first, you have to open the Control Panel by pressing Windows Key + X Key. Then from the list select Programs and Feature option.
- Then right-click on the AVG from the given list and chose the Uninstall option to open the AVG uninstallation wizard but If you have AVG Protection and AVG PC TuneUP in your PC then delete them first
- From the Wizard choose Uninstall. When the confirmation window open choose the Uninstall option.
- Once the Uninstalling is done Restart your PC to complete the process.
If you follow the above process, then you will be able to solve the AVG won’t uninstall Windows 10 problem as well as you will be able to solve the problem with the Windows version going through the same process.
Using AVG Remover Tool
If all the methods fail to solve the problem and if you have already tried the common methods like:
- Uninstalling the program normally.
- Tried to manually delete the Installed files and registry.
- Ending all background running process by AVG.
Then, the final option which is available for you is the AVG Remover Tool. To use this tool you have to follow the below steps:
- At the beginning, you have to make sure all the application is closed.
- Then using the tool you have to choose the AVG Anti-virus and click on the Remove option to start uninstalling process. If Open File – Security Warning pop-up box appear then click on the Run to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once the Un-installing is done click on the Restart option.
After following the steps, your AVG Won’t uninstall problem will be solved.
What to do if Uninstalling Process does not work with AVG Removal Tool?
If anyhow, the removal process failed in normal mode, then you can take the help of Safe Mode and follow the same step from above to resolve the problem for Windows 10. To do it go through the below instruction.
- Before activating the Safe Mode, you have to make sure you have the AVG Remover tool in your device.
- Once you confirm it, boot into the Safe Mode, by holding down the Shift key and from the Power button option in the lower right choose reboot while holding down the Shift key.
- Then, you have to follow the given option
Troubleshoot–Advance options–Startup settings.
Once you follow the above method perfectly, choose the Restart option to restart your device.
- Once restarting will be done you will get a new list of options. From the list, select Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the appropriate number key.
- After that, when your device starts up, your display will look different from normal. But dont worry, it will mean that you’re following the method perfectly. Now launch the AVG Removal tool and try to uninstall the AVG anti-virus again.
If you follow the process perfectly, then we are sure that this time you will be able to resolve the Problem
This is all for targetting the problem with Avg won’t uninstall. We hope that using our given methods you able to solve the uninstalling problem. If we forget to include any important part of the topic, then you can tell us in the comments section below. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.