AVG antivirus is one of the most popular systems security software due to its extraordinary functionalities. It has the capability to keep your PC secure by disinfecting the web security threats. Moreover, it helps to remove all the malware issues and keep the device bug-free. However, like other system software, it shows occasional technical glitches which are very significant for your system. As a result, you get stuck with the unexpected error while you try to scan your system and resolve the virus issue quickly. Then, you have one option to resolve this annoying issue by uninstalling it immediately and re-installing it with the latest version. But, it becomes an irritating issue to the AVG users when they come across the AVG failure problem and the display shows “AVG Error 0xe0010002”. However, it is not very tricky for you if you go through this entire article properly. We hope this context will be helpful for all AVG users, especially non-tech-savvy persons.
AVG 0xe0010002 Error- Major Symptoms
The AVG Error is one of the common problems among long-time AVG users. It is caused by various reasons which relate to both the internal System file failures. We are going to discuss them along with the proper solutions. Before performing the error removal process, you need to check whether the following symptoms arise at the time of accessing AVG antivirus or not.
- While you try to access the Antivirus window, you can see that the running programs start to crash automatically.
- Moreover, your system starts to freeze on a frequent basis. Furthermore, your system hardware fails to give a real-time response. As a result, the system runs leisurely.
- The error “exec_finished” message will pop up each time you try to update or re-install the AVG software.
However, if you come across any of the above problems, then follow the steps below.
Resolve AVG Error 0xe0010002 With A Few Steps
There are multiple steps that will help you to fix the AVG antivirus issue easily. Here, we are talking about some of the effective solutions which will help you to sort out the AVG antivirus problem efficiently.
Fix Registry Problems
Sometimes, a corrupt registry file creates a problem in accessing the Antivirus software. So, you can face an issue while you try to run the AVG antivirus. Therefore, without repairing the Windows registry files and resolving the disk failure issue, you won’t able to fix the AVG error. To perform this method, take a backup of the antivirus executable files. If not, you will fail to install it further with the previous product key.
Restore AVG Installer
First, tap on the Start button and open the Start menu.
Type “cmd” in the Search box and hold Ctrl+Shift together after hovering the pointer on the Command Prompt.
Press Enter from the keyboard to open the Command Prompt permission dialog box.
Then, click on the Yes button from the Permission Dialog box to grant the Windows access permission.
To confirm it, another black-colored box with a flashing cursor will be presented on the screen. Now, close the window.
After that, type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter button to open the Registry Editor window. Choose the error 0xE0010002 from the Editor option for taking the AVG software backup.
Then, click on the File menu and choose the Export option. You will get the folder of the AVG antivirus backup key from the saved folder list. Right-click on it and rename the folder with another name which will help to identify in the future easily. When done, save it.
Next, type the backup file name in the file name box and go to the Export Range Box.
Here, verify that the Selected branch option is already selected. Otherwise, select that specific menu and Click on the Save button.
This file might be saved with the “.reg” extension. So, it will keep the backup of the AVG Free Antivirus-related registry entry associated files. The chances of losing the software data are removed. Once the data recovery process is completed, then you can fix the Windows registry files accordingly.
Repair Registry Files
- Reboot the Windows and press F8 immediately from the keyboard while the PC manufacturer logo appears on the screen. It will open the Advanced Booting page.
- Here, you will get several options to reboot the Windows, Choose the option “Automatic Repair” by navigating the down arrow keys from the keyboard. Press Enter key while selecting it.
- The Windows repair process will start automatically and it will identify the corrupted Windows files. Once done, it will repair those files if necessary and finally reboot your system automatically.
If the above method failed to resolve the AVG error 0xe0010002, you may try the next method.
Update AVG Antivirus
Many times using the older version of the AVG antivirus software causes the AVG updating or uninstalling issue. Then, the best way to resolve the problem is to upgrade the AVG antivirus to its latest version.
To perform the update operation, follow the steps below and fix this install/uninstall issue immediately.
- Double-click on the AVG antivirus icon and open it. You may find this antivirus in the Start menu easily by typing the AVG in the search box.
- Now, click on the Options menu tab from the upper section of the window and activate the live update option.
- Once done, tap on Apply to save the changes. It will start the auto-upgrade process and all the updates will be downloaded to your system within a short period of time.
- After completing the AVG antivirus, restart the Windows by tapping the Ctrl+Alt+Del together from the keyboard.
Disable Windows Auto-Update
Unnecessary downloaded files or folders prevent the Windows auto-update process. While you try to uninstall or update the AVG antivirus, your system will show the AVG error 0xe0010002. So, disabling the auto-update process is one of the best ways to avoid the other software’s interference issue.
- Press Windows +R together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Now, type “gpedit.msc” in the search box and tap on OK to open the Group Policy Editor window.
- Go to the Computer Configuration section of the window. You will find Administrative Templates under it. Then, choose the Windows Components option to get a list of the items.
- Choose the Windows Update from it and click on Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates from the left pane of the window.
- Next, click on Apply to disable the Windows Automatic Update process. It will remove the downloading process of unnecessary files.
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the recent changes and close the active window.
However, if you are encountering the installation or the update issue with the AVG antivirus, then try to re-install it correctly.
Uninstall and Re-install AVG
Most of the time, an incorrect installation of the Antivirus file creates the problem to scan the malware. Then, the installation and re-install the AVG software is the one and only way to fix the AVG error Code 0xe0010002.
- First, tap on the Start button and launch the Control Panel window by typing “Control” in the search box and hitting the Enter key.
- Choose Programs & Features from a list of programs and click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here, you will get a list of installed software list in your system. Select the AVG antivirus installer and its associated files.
- Right-click on it and click on Uninstall from the pop-up menu. A dialog box will appear on the screen by asking you to confirm the process.
- Click on Yes to run the uninstall program. After done successfully, your system will show you a confirmation message, “AVG Antivirus Software is uninstalled Successfully.”
- Now, re-install it from the AVG official site and check whether the same problem persists or not.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooting is one of the effective ways to resolve the AVG antivirus issue. So, you can run this troubleshooter to identify the problematic sections and overcome the problems accordingly.
- Type “Troubleshoot” in the search box and press Enter to open the Windows Troubleshooting window.
- Click on the ‘Run The Troubleshooter’ button from the Update section. It will check the status by getting access permission from the users. So, enter the correct login id and passcode. To run the Windows in the Admin mode, tap on ‘Try troubleshooting as an administrator’.
- It will take several minutes to complete the troubleshooting process. When done, reboot the system.
In the above article, we have discussed the different ways to resolve the AVG Error 0xe0010002 efficiently. Moreover, we have analyzed the major symptoms of the AVG error which will help you to identify the problem at the initial stage. Furthermore, we have also given the significant reasons which are often responsible for this problem. We hope, the above context will be beneficial for you to fix this AVG antivirus issue easily in an effective way.