Avast antivirus is a popular antivirus among users. It has got some really notable features but it also comes with some issues. Avast Error 42110 is a common issue of the Avast antivirus. When you are installing this software on your software and suddenly the system gets shut down, then you can see this error message on your screen. Occasionally, if you are not updated to the latest version of Avast antivirus, then this error message might also get in your way. Moreover, if your system is affected fully by viruses or malware programs then you may face this issue on your system. When you are facing this error code for the first time, then it is quite a difficult task for you to resolve this error without any help. But, nothing to get worried about. There are a lot of solutions for the error code. Here, in this passage, we are going to provide some easy fixes, which can help to resolve the Avast Error 42110 issue on your system.
Different Methods to Fix the Avast Error 42110
The different methods have listed in the section which follows to resolve the error 42110 issue. Actions to solve this problem are more complex and time-consuming. So, check out:
Method 1 – By using the Repair Registry
By using the Repair Registry, you can easily fix this issue on your system:
- At first, you have to press the Windows Home key + R key to launch the Run box, type ‘regedit’ and then, hit the Enter key.
- Once the Registry Repair window opens, you will locate the Avast Error 42110-related key, select it to back up.
- Next, you need to go to the File menu and select Export from the menu list.
- Choose the folder where you want to store the Avast antivirus backup file under Save In list.
- Enter the name of the backup file in the File Name box. You can type the name as ‘Avast! Antivirus Backup.’
- Tick the ‘Selected branch’ option under the ‘Export range’ box. Hit on the Save button.
- Now, the file is stored with a .reg file extension. Now, you complete the backup procedure of the Avast! Antivirus-related registry entry.
Method 2 – Update the Avast antivirus
Error 42110 may occur due to an older Avast antivirus software. So, as quickly as possible, you need to update the Avast antivirus software on your system. For this you can glance below:
- Firstly, you have to press together the Windows Home button + R button to launch the Run box, type Settings and then, press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- When the Settings window, go to the Update And Security section.
- In the Update and Security section, navigate to the Program. Next, you will find the Avast antivirus from the Program section. If you can see the update is available, then update this software. Click on the Update option.
- Once the update is done, restart your system and then check whether the issue is solved.
Method 3 – Use Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is a practical tool included in Windows that allows you to check and fix errors in Windows system files.
- Go to the Search Panel, type “cmd” and then, right-click on the search result to open the list. Select Run as administrator option from that list.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and then hit Enter.
- After the scan completes, reboot your system and then, check if the Avast antivirus works fine without any error message.
Method 4 – Reinstall the Avast Antivirus Software
If the above-discussed methods are not helping you to fix this issue, then you can try this method:
- In the beginning, you need to go to the Search Panel, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key. Alternatively, press the Windows key + R key to open the Run box, type Control Panel, and then hit the Enter key.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, go to the Programs And Features option.
- When the Programs And Features window opens, you will locate the Avast antivirus software program, and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall option. Once the uninstall process is completed, restart your system. After restarting your system, you have to reinstall this antivirus software on your system. Once the installation process is done, again restart your system and then check if the issue must be resolved.
Method 5 – Install all the available Windows Updates
Solving these error issues simply may be updating the Windows with the latest version. Sometimes, updating Windows can fix many problems in your system. If you do not know how you can do that, please check the section which follows:
- Navigate to the Search Bar, write Windows Updates, then hit the Enter key.
- In the ‘Windows Update’ window, you can see the Windows update version.
- If you can see the Windows update notifications are there, click on the Install Updates option. Now Windows will start to update
- Once the update is done, then check whether the error message is fixed.
Method 6 – By using the Windows System Restore
By using the Windows System Restore, you can fix this error message on your system. This will not affect your files, videos, documents etc. So, have a glimpse below:
- Open the Search box, type ‘System Restore’, and then press the Enter key.
- In the System Restore window, you can see the Next option, click on it.
- Next, you can see the confirmation page open is written there ‘Are you want to restore the system. Click on the OK option.
- Once the Restore is done, restart your system and check the problem is resolved.
Method 7 – Remove the Junk Files
If you surfe the internet on your system, it is a great possibility that your computer gathers some junk files from the web browser on your computer. It is necessary to remove the junk files timely. It can be caused by Error 42125. Only removing the junk files is not the solution to your problem. But, if you do not delete the junk file timely, it damaged your system or the speed of your system slows down dramatically. To clean junk files follow the under-mentioned process:
- First, tap on the Start button to open the menu list.
- Then, go to the search box and type cmd to open the Command Prompt and then, press the Enter button from your keyboard.
- When the Command Prompt box open, type “cleanmgr” and then press the Enter key.
- Now you will see the Disk Cleanup will start to calculate how much space was corrupted with the junk files. Most of the cases, a Temporary File will corrupt most of the spaces.
- Then, check the box which you want to clean and press Ok. once it is done, check the problem will be solved.
Method 8 – Repair the security software
Repairing the antivirus software sometimes can fix this issue on your system.
- First, you need to press the Windows key and R key to open the Run box, type Control Panel, and then hit Enter.
- When the Control Panel window, you will find the Programs and Features section, click on it.
- In the Program and Features section, scroll down the page, find the Avast antivirus software, and click on it. Then click on the Repair option. Now, the Avast will start to repair.
- Once the repair process is done, reboot the system and then, check if the problem is still there or not.
Hopefully, the above section is sufficient to fix the issue of Avast error 42110 on your device. With help of these methods, you can easily fix the problem in your system.