Apex Legends Season 14 hit the tech niche on August 9, 2022, and gaming enthusiasts are already downloading this masterpiece. Apex Legends might be your favourite owing to its outstanding Content, Legends, Locations, Heirlooms, and more. However, everything will go in vain if you experience Apex Legends stuck on loading screen.
Handling this type of glitch might seem stressful, but there are a few tried and tested solutions that might work for you. We have included all the possible solutions to recover Apex Legends from the stuck loading screen.
Let’s check out how you can address the issue easily.
Solutions to Fix Apex Legends Stuck on Loading Screen
The Apex Legends stuck on loading screen error might appear if game files become corrupted. The game can’t load the files correctly when there is a corrupt installation. Therefore, it’s generally not a server-side issue.
So, here’s what you can do to resume your Apex Legends journey.
Restart Apex Legends
Apex Legends is available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC through Steam and Origin. Irrespective of the device or gaming console you use, start with restarting the game.
On your gaming PC, close the Apex Legends window and close all tasks related to the game via Task Manager. Then, restart the game and check if the issue is still there. Additionally, try launching Steam or Origin after you shut down those applications.
If it’s your PlayStation or Xbox console, click the Options or Start menu highlighted on the dashboard. Then, choose the ‘Close Application’ option to quit the game. After that, try launching the game again and notice if the Apex Legends stuck on loading screen error remains.
Reboot the Gaming Device
Chances are there that the stuck loading screen persists even after restarting the game and the client. Hence, you can attempt restarting the device on which you play Apex Legends. On your PC, you can visit the game installation folder and launch the game directly from there. Check if this hack works for you.
Update Apex Legends to its Latest Version
Is Apex Legends still stuck on loading screen? The game might behave this way due to the lack of the latest update. Make sure that you update the game to its latest version.
Here’s how you can update the game on your PC:
- Right-click on Apex Legends when you are using the Origin client.
- An option named Update will appear. If it’s faded or greyed out this means that you already have the latest version of Apex Legends.
- Click the Update option to get the latest version of Apex Legends.
- Navigate to the Steam library if you use that client. Right-click the game and choose the Update Setting option.
- Next, go for the ‘Automatically Update’ option.
For your PlayStation or Xbox device, click the Start or Options menu from the dashboard. Afterwards, hit the Check for Updates option. This will start downloading the latest game files and thus, you will get a fresh installation of game files. Launch Apex Legends after proper installation and test if the loading screen is still stuck.
Launch Apex Legends as an Administrator
This solution applies to Windows PCs only. Running the game with admin privileges might solve the Apex Legends stuck on loading screen issue.
Follow the guidelines below:
- Head towards the executable file of Apex Legends in the File Explorer application. Right-click on Apex Legends’ executable file.
- Select Properties and land on the Compatibility tab.
- Locate an option that says ‘Run this program as an administrator’. Mark the box just next to the option.
- Click the Apply option followed by the OK option.
Flush DNS Cache
Here’s another PC-centric solution to resolve the Apex Legends stuck on loading screen error. You can flush out the DNS cache and check if the game resumes after your PC finds new information.
Here’s what you should do to flush the DNS cache:
- Launch the Run dialog box through the Windows+R shortcut.
- Type in ‘cmd’ and then use the keyboard shortcut of Shift+Ctrl+Enter. This will run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Now, you must run the following commands one after another. Make sure that you hit the Enter key each time you type a command:
- ipconfig/ flushdns
- ipconfig/ registerdns
- ipconfig/ release
- ipconfig/ renew
- netsh winsock reset
Now, reboot your PC and check if the error is still there.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
In case you use the Steam client for your Apex Legends PC gaming, you might have to verify the game files.
You can check out the following steps to restore Apex Legends from a stuck loading screen problem:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Now, locate Apex Legends on steam and right-click on it.
- Select Properties and then you have to verify the integrity of game files. So, click that option to verify.
The verification process might take longer than you think. Hence, keep patience and take action accordingly when the report appears.
Restart the Networking System
Users have reported that a clumsy internet connection can be the culprit here. In case you are still experiencing the Apex Legends stuck on a loading screen issue, then you should inspect your network connectivity. Restart your router, modem, and gaming device to begin your Apex Legends journey.
To restart the networking system, you have to shut down the router and modem one by one. Then, remove their power plugs from the electrical outlet. Leave them for 5 to 7 minutes.
Next, plug the power cable into the modem and turn it on. Only then, you can turn on the router and let it connect to the modem automatically. It’s better if you restart your gaming device, as well.
You can also connect your PC to the router via an Ethernet cable if you feel that the Wi-Fi connection isn’t strong and stable enough. On the other hand, you can contact the Internet Service Provider and check if there’s any fault on their end.
Select another EA Server
Issues with the chosen EA server can cause Apex Legends stuck on loading screen error. Changing the EA server might help you.
Go through the instructions below for your PC:
- Check out the Apex Legends installation folder on your PC’s system files. Locate the file ‘r5apex.exe’ and right-click it to explore its Properties.
- Under Compatibility, ensure that the boxes beside the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ and ‘Run this program in compatibility mode’ are marked.
- Apply the settings and launch the game. Wait for a while and click the Continue button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next window and click Data Center. Select any other EA server such as Sydney, Belgium 1 or 3, etc.
Reinstall if Nothing Works
If you are still noticing the Apex Legends stuck on loading screen issue, then simply reinstall the game. Uninstall it first and reinstall the software from a trusted source. Hopefully, this will save you from hours of suffering.