We all love to listen to music. Some people prefer to listen to music through the headphones but speakers are are all time favorite across the world. Acer, being an outstanding brand delivering top quality laptops sometimes falters at their in-built speakers. Acer laptop speakers crackling is among the most commonly complained issues. If you’re facing such an issue, it is of course really annoying.
So in this article, we will try to explain the problem and at the same time give out all the possible solutions which will help you to get rid of the problem.
The problem actually occurs due to connection problems, bad wires, noise and other audio problems. So, in order to get rid of this problem, first you need to check if the wire is loose or damaged, bad connection, etc. But, if the all the wires are perfect, then you need to follow the below steps to get rid of the problem:
Acer laptop speakers crackling: Possible Fixes
If the crackling noise coming out of your speakers is really getting on your nerves, never worry because we are here with you. Below we will mention some of the steps to get this problem out of your speakers’ way. Take a look:
This is a very simple and the common fix for the Acer Laptop Speaker. You just need to change the Windows default sound format.
- In the Taskbar, you will get to see the speaker logo. Give a right click on the speaker icon and after that select Playback device option.
- You have to select that from the contextual menu. Once you select that the Sound window will be popped up on your screen automatically which will take you to the playback tab.
- After that, you need to select the default audio device which you use to play the audio and after that click the Properties.
- Once you open the Speaker Properties window you will get to see Advanced tab option and select that.
- Under that Advanced option, you will get a list which is actually a bit depth. You have to select the 16 bit, 44100 Hz(CD Quality). Once you select click on the Apply button. And the changes will get saved. After that, hit the OK button to exit and your Acer Laptop Speaker Crackling issue will be resolved.
There is a good number of troubleshooter designed for the Windows platform. And if your Acer laptop is running the Windows Operating system, you can easily resolve the sound crackling issue by using this troubleshooter. This troubleshooter quickly identifies the problem. It can also automatically resolve the various computer related issues. Though the troubleshooting is not capable to resolve all the issues. To do this:
- You have to go to setting and then, type troubleshoot and then select that. From the list, you will get this troubleshoot option.
- After that, you need to find the Playing Audio. You will get this option under getting up and running and you need to select that. Once you have selected that you need to click on Run the troubleshooter. Then you will be guided by some simple instruction which you need to follow. Your Windows Operating System will try to find the problem and try to fix the crackling sound problem of your Acer computer.
Disable all Enhancement:
There is much sound enhancement software designed to give you the great experience of the sound quality. But yes, there is some software which can create the sound crackling problem. This problem may arise when this software is not working properly. So, you need to disable the Enhancement in order to fix the sound crackling issue. To do so, you need to follow the below steps.
- You have to right click on the speaker icon which you will get to see in the taskbar. After that, you need to select the Playback Device option. The contextual menu has that option. The audio device has to be the default device. This is the device that you usually use for the playing purpose. Now, you have to click on Properties. You will get to see the Enhancement tab on the speaker Property window and make sure you disable all the enhancement. After that, hit on apply in order to save all the change and then, hit the ok button. And after that, your Acer aspires laptop sound crackling problem will be resolved.
Disable Exclusive Mode:
There could be a feature in your Acer laptop or even many Windows system has this Exclusive mode. So, this is a kind of feature which holds the control of your audio device. And due to this interference, your Acer laptop speaker crackling. So to get rid of this problem you need to disable this Exclusive Mode option. And to do so you need to follow these steps:
- In the Speaker Property window, you will get to see the Advanced tab which you have to select. Now, search Allow application to take the device exclusive control option which you have to disable. So, once you disable that need to click on the Apply button in order to save all the changes. After that press the OK button.
Updating the Audio Driver:
Audio Driver is a kind of software which work as an intermediator. It shares the information with the operating system and other software about how to interact with the different hardware. It established the easy communication between the hardware and the software. But, it can not receive the data properly if the audio drivers are not installed or not updated. So, that’s why the sound of your speaker crackling. Therefore, in order to fix this issue, you have to update the Audio Driver. And to do so, you have to follow the below steps:
- You have to open the Device Manager to update these audio drivers. Right click on the Start button and from the contextual menu, you can find the Device Manager.
- Once the device manager opens you will get to see the list of the device connected with your computer. You need to search for Sound video and game controller. After that, you have to expand that option, give a right click on the audio device and Update the driver. Now, this will ask your preference if you want to update the driver software automatically or you want to browse to find the driver software. We recommend you to go with the first option. Once you have given your consent Audio Driver will be updated automatically.
And after the update gets completed, this speaker crackling problem will be resolved.
So far we have tried to give you a brief idea why your Acer laptop speaker crackling and what would be the possible solution for that. The steps are very simple to follow. We have discussed some alternate solutions too, so that you won’t face any difficulty any further to handle this problem. But, if you have any doubts or perhaps any difficulties to understand, you can simply let us know by your comments. You can comment in our comments section below. We are always open for your feedbacks.