Chromebook is getting very popular these days. Acer Chromebook is one of the popular ones within the Chromebooks available. But even Acer gets into several errors like Acer Chromebook Freezing which conspires to render a bad experience for the users. So if you face this issue, you require a hard reboot for your Chromebook.
If you find that your Acer Chromebook or Acer Chromebook 11 freezing or maybe it’s getting crash all the time this will be a big problem for you. Sometimes perhaps when you are running out of the time and your work is pending this becomes really frustrating.
So in this article, we will give you a brief idea of this issue and how you can get rid of that.
Following are some steps which you need to follow to fix this issue. These are below:
Acer Chromebook Freezing: Learn the Steps
As Acer Chromebook freezing is really an error to reckon with and turns to a monster disrupting the tasks of the users with their Chromebooks, we have decided to come up with the simplest of steps which you can try out to get rid of this prevalent error. Here they are:
Reboot the Chromebook:
If your Chromebook is crashing or freezing, then you need to follow these steps;
- You need to turn the Chromebook off and again turn it on.
- Before you do that, make sure that you have closed all the apps. Else, the problem will remain there. So, it is important to ensure that all the apps are close and then, turn that Chromebook off.
- You need to ensure that you close all the browser windows. Because It can also create a problem.
- If you find that a specific tab in your browser creating an issue or making the Chromebook crash or freezes the Chromebook you need to give the heavy refresh on that page. And to do so, you need to press Ctrl key, Shift key, and the letter r key at the same time in order to refresh the page. Make sure that you have to press all the keys at the same time.
- If you have installed the apps recently(Any new Apps) or the extensions recently you have to uninstall that.
To uninstall this, you need to follow the process –
Uninstall an app –
- On your screen, in the corner side, you will get to see launcher option. You need to give a click on that.
- After that, you have to give a right click on the app which you want to remove.
- You have to select the uninstall option or the remove option so that the apps will be uninstalled.
- Once you click the Remove option it will be removed.
Uninstall an extension –
- The first thing you have to do is to open Chrome.
- Now, you need to give a click on more tools. Once you click on that, you will get to see an option like extensions. And next to the extension you will get to see the option like removing. So, you have to give a click on that to remove the extension. The remove option again appears after you click. This takes your confirmation. So, you need to click again in order to get your command completed.
Disable an Extension
If you want to do on a temporary basis, you can disable an extension on a temporary basis by following the below steps:
- Firstly, you need to visit Chrome.
- Again you have to click on the options click more. Once you click on that, you will get another option more tools. You need to click on that option. You get another option name Extension. Now you just need to turn off the extension whichever you want to disable.
Reset Your Chromebook To Factory Settings:
If your Acer Chromebook 11 freezing this could be a great way to fix the issue entirely. This makes your Acer Chromebook like a brand new one. The factory reset actually erase all the data store on your system hard drive. It will also erase all the data or files in the download folder. But before you do the factory reset it is advised to make the proper backup. If you don’t do any backup, you will lose all your valuable data. You can backup your files on Google Drive or you can use any external storage device for the backup purpose. Because the Factory Reset won’t touch any files stored in your Google Drive of any other external device. Below are the steps which you need to follow if you want to do the Factory Reset:
- First, you need to sign-out your Chromebook. After that, you need to press and hold that down Ctrl key + Alt key + Shift + r key. Make sure you press all the key at the same time.
- Once you press that key you will get the restart option on the screen. In the box, you will get to see the Powerwash option. Select that and then continue. You just need to follow the screen guide and then you get a sign in option. In order to sign in, you need to have the google account. So if you already have you can sign in.
- Once your Chromebook is reset the problem will be resolved.
Recover Your Chromebook:
If you find your Acer Chrome book is working good and you don’t want to do the Factory Reset, you can go for the System Recovery option. It actually removes and reinstalls the Operating System. You need to follow the below steps to recover your Chromebook:
- The first thing you have to do is to start your Chromebook. Once it gets open, you need to enter the Recovery Mode.
- At the same time, you have to press and hold the Esc key plus the refresh key and then press the power button. Then the screen will go off.
- After that you will get to see on your system display either Chrome OS is missing or damage or Please insert a recovery USB or SD card. This will be the message you will get to see on the screen. You have to insert the USB flash or the SD card which you have prepared as the backup.
- Now, wait for little time so that the Chromebook get booted up from the SD card or the flash drive.
- There will be some instruction coming up on the screen which you need to follow.. So this will help you to install the OS.
- Once the installation gets completed there will be a prompt to remove the USB flash or the SD card. So, you need to remove that from the system and after that, your Chromebook will restart automatically. And that is how you can fix the Acer Chromebook Freezing problem.
So far we have discussed why the Acer Chromebook 11 freezes and how you can fix that problem. If still, you have any doubt in your mind, you can simply leave your comments in our comments section.