How to Factory Reset iPhone 8 is the most important question when you are planning to sell your iPhone and want to clean all the data. A factory reset helps to erase all the information and settings of your iPhone. If required you can recover this information with the help of any recovery software. Often, technical glitches can also be fixed through a factory reset or if you want to give a fresh restart to your iPhone. If you want to know how to reset iPhone 8, then follow this article and get the requisite information.
Easy Steps to Factory Reset iPhone 8
Here you get to know about some quick steps so that you can easily reset your iPhone. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1: Factory Reset without Using Computer
It is advised to backup all data, at first and information, before doing the factory reset. Once you backup all your important thing, then you can perform this Factory Reset step. To do this:
- At first, power off your iPhone 8.
- Then, press and hold the ‘volume up’ button for a second and release it quickly
- After that, repeat the above step again and press the ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons.
- Now, you can see the Apple logo in the middle of your screen
The hard reset or Factory Reset process gets complete.
Step 2: Factory Reset via Settings Option
If the above step does not work for you, then you can perform this step. To proceed:
- At first, open your Apple iPhone 8 and hold the ‘power key’ for a second.
- Now, open the Home screen and select the Setting option.
- From the Setting option, tap on the General option.
- After that, from the General option, select the Reset option and click on the “erase all content and settings”.
- Now, you will get a confirmation message, from there click on the Erase iPhone option.
- After that, you have to enter the password, if prompted.
- Finally, accept all the on-screen prompts.
After doing this step, you will note that the Factory Reset process is done.
Step 3: Set Up a New iPhone Device
If the above step does not work for you, then you can set up your iPhone 8 as a new device. To perform this step:
- At first, plug your Apple iPhone and enter into recovery mode.
- Then, you will see a pop-up message which asks you to choose the option ‘update or restore’.
- In that, click on the Restore button.
- To confirm the information, click on the ‘Restore again’ option.
- It will automatically download the iTunes application and now restores the new software.
- After that, finish the operation, click on the ‘Set up as a new iPhone’ option.
- At last, type the name and password when required.
The Factory Reset is done.
Step 4: Factory Reset Using Computer
If you are not familiar with the above step, then you can perform this step. To do it:
- First, turn on your iPhone and connect it with any computer or laptop
- Then, switch off your phone.
- Now, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and hold the volume up and down key for 10 seconds.
- After that, release the power button.
- When you get an alert message, that your device is in recovery mode, then release the volume down button.
- At last, accept all the alert messages and wait for the end operation.
Step 5: Factory Reset without Password
If you forgot your iPhone password, then you can perform this step. To do this step:
- Download the latest firmware and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, the firmware will remove all iPhone password
- Then, you can easily perform this factory reset by following any of the above steps.
Step 6: Factory Reset in iTunes
It is a very effective method. By performing this step you can fix this issue via iTunes. To perform this step:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes.
- After that, click on the Summary option.
- Then, from the right panel, select the Restore iPhone option.
- After that, click on the Restore option again.
Now, you can see that it will erase all your information and the factory reset is done.
Step 7: Restore the Device to Factory Setting
It is the last step by which you can perform the Factory Reset. To perform this step:
- At first, open the iTunes application on your PC.
- Then, connect your iPhone to the computer.
- You need to type in the device password. Give the password and click on the Next option. (If you forget the password, then follow the above step mentioned earlier)
- Then, select your device, showing in iTunes.
- After that, a summary panel will open, in that click on the Restore[Device] option.
- Then, again click on the Restore option again,
- After following the above step, iTunes will erase all information and will start the resetting process. This may fix your problem.
This article gives you a brief idea of how to Factory Reset iPhone 8. Hope, it will help you to fix this problem. If you have any further questions, then post them in the comment section.