The touchpad is very important while you are working on the laptop. This touchpad is very handy and useful. People do prefer to use the touchpad on their laptop using Windows 10 or any other Operating System. Almost all the laptops come with built-in touchpads and the latest laptops are coming with the more advanced touchpad. But, it may not be desirable when the mouse is already connected. You might face issues with disable touchpad windows 10 while typing or playing games. Though using the touchpad is handy, it depends from individual to individual.
Windows 10 is a very intelligent Operating System. It automatically deactivates the device touchpad. You can also deactivate this from the setting as well. This is one of the features of Windows 10 that you can use as per your requirement.
You can connect the mouse through the USB or via a dongle if you are using the wireless mouse.
The following are some easy ways through which you can disable touchpad Windows 10.
Methods For How To Disable Touchpad On Windows 10
Below are some of the methods to disable touchpad Windows 10:
Disable Touchpad Using Settings
When the mouse is connected you can disable the touchpad by using the setting option. The steps are below:
- First, you need to open the Settings panel.
- Once you open the Setting, you need to click on Device option.
- After that, click the touchpad. You will get to see the option out there that you need to delete. So, you have to clear that and after completing this step your touchpad will be disabled.
Once you disconnect the mouse the touchpad again starts working.
Disable Touchpad using Control Panel
If it is an advanced touchpad you can also change the mouse setting through the Control Panel. To use this, you have to open the Control Panel. You can also use the third-party tool that’s provided by the manufacturer. Synaptics touchpad is a kind of touchpad where you need to open the Control Panel to change the mouse setting. You can follow the below steps to change the mouse setting.
- The first thing is that you have to be on the normal or the regular screen and then open the Control Panel. You can also open the Control Panel by using the Windows Run box.
- Once you open it, you will get to see an option like Hardware and Sound. You need to click on that option.
- After that, you find the option Device and Printers. Under device and printer, you get the option Mouse. You have to hit the mouse option.
- Once you click on the mouse option, a small window pops up on your screen which is the mouse properties. You get to see Device Setting option there. You have to click that tab. After that, you need to erase the command which will be highlighted in the panel.
Disable Touchpad using the native Device Manager
You can disable the touchpad for your Windows 10 operating system using the native device manager. To do so, you have to follow the below steps.
- The first thing, you have to open the Device Manager. We can open that through the run box. Press the Windows logo key and the R key together. The run box will be up on your screen. This is also known as the command box. You can give any command. Now, you have to type “Devmgmt.msc” in the box and then, hit the enter button.
- Once the Device Manager is up on your screen, you will get to see an option like Test. You have to expand that option. Once you expanded that you will get to see other options like Mice and other pointing devices. You will get to see small pop-up on the screen which confirms that. Allow that changes in order to get it done.
- Once you press the Yes option the touchpad will be disabled.
Disable Touchpad using BIOS
Most of the laptops have the facility to disable the touchpad. There is an option through which you will be able to disable this. So, you can also use the BIOS to disable the touchpad.
So far we have tried to give you a brief understanding to disable touchpad Windows 10. This is not too hectic a process really. Some people do not want to use the touchpad. Yes, if you are a person who uses a laptop mostly for typing purposes, or for playing games, you might face issues with the unwanted interference of your touchpad. So, in that case, you can go ahead and disable the touchpad.
We tried to clarify all the things for you. Hope this information will assist you to disable the touchpad. If still you have any doubts or you need more explanations, you can simply comment in our comments section.
Thank you for reading our article.