The PDF Viewer service of google chrome is one of the most useful features for which it is most popular among the users. It helps Google chrome users to view the PDF file on the go. In case you are availing of this service, then you must have noticed that the requirement of a third-party PDF reader software has been eliminated. Apart from that, the PDF Viewer service also allows its user to view/read the PDF files even without downloading them. But it lacks some of the most essential features of an advanced PDF reader application such as continuing, bookmarks, etc. Hence, to avail of all these services, it is essential to know how to disable chrome pdf viewer.
So if you are unaware of the process of disabling a PDF viewer, do not panic. Here, we are going to have a detailed discussion on the most effective process that will provide you with much better guidance.
How To Disable Chrome PDF Viewer?
Google Chrome has many application versions. However, their setting page layout is a little bit different from each other. And this is why you have to follow different methods in order to perform similar settings changes. Now, go through the methods given below in order to disable to chrome pdf viewer.
On The Google Chrome 60 Or Later.
In case you are using Google Chrome 60 or any later version, then follow the steps given below to disable the in-built PDF viewer.
- First, launch your Google Chrome application and click on the Setting Icon( Three dots on the left corner)
- A pop-up menu will appear on your screen. From that menu, click on the Settings options.
- Now on the setting page, locate and tap on the Advance option.
- Then look for the Content Settings option. It is located beneath the Privacy and Security option.
- Once you find the option, click on it and enter it into its page.
- Now there you have to locate the Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome option and enable it.
After that hit the Apply button in order to save all the changes.
The Google Chrome 59 and Earlier Version User
- To execute this process, open up the Google Chrome application and enter into the setting page.
- There you have to click on the Advanced option in order to expand it.
- Now, on the expanded section you have to find and select the Content Settings option.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen. On that window, locate the Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application option and check the box beside it.
Once you have done that, hit the Apply button and close everything. Then re-launch your Google Chrome to verify about the workability.
Google Chrome Version lesser than 57.
Now, if you are one of those users who is still rocking on those Google Chrome version which are lesser than 57. Then you can perform the PDF disabling process by following the given steps.
- Fire up your Google Chrome and type “about plugins” in the address bar.
- A page will arise on your screen. There you have to disable the Chrome PDF Viewer plugin.
Now, you just need to close the application and then re-open it to verify the effects of setting change.
We hope our suggestions are helpful to you. Go through the methods and implement it correctly to avail the most fruitful results. For more tech-related content, keep following our articles.