With the help of a router, you can connect multiple computers and access the internet connection. Arris TG1682G router has 1.2 GHz CPU and also it comes along with 512 MiB RAM. You can find 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports but no USB-ports are present.
To enjoy all its features, you should know the proper way to log in to the router. It might that you don’t know how to log in to this router. Here, we are going to list the steps that you need to implement in order to enjoy its remarkable features.
Steps to Implement to log in the Arris TG1682G
Use the steps that are mentioned below to log in to the Arris TG1682G router. These steps are easy to perform and after applying these steps, you will be able to log in to your router easily.
- First, check whether you are connected to the router’s network or not. You can connect to the router’s network either through Wi-Fi or the ethernet cable.
- Then, open the browser and you will get a login dialogue box.
- In the dialog box, enter the username and the password. If you have changed the password, then make sure that you used the new password instead.
- After logging in, make sure that you changed the default password.
If these instructions don’t work for your router, then try to factory reset in order to get the default password and gain access to certain Arris credentials.
How to Reset Arris TG1682G? Instructions to Follow
Sometimes, it might be possible that the Arris TG1682G router is not working properly. To fix this issue, at first, you need to reset the router and then check whether the problem persists or not.
Make sure that you know the correct password. Here, we are about to mention the ways on how to reset the Arris TG1682G router.
The 30-30-30 Reset
To reset the router, you can always try the 30-30-30 hard reset process and to proceed, go through the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that the router is on. At that time, you need to tap and hold on the Reset button for at least 30 seconds. (You can use a paper clip).
- While pressing the Reset button, the power of the router needs to be unplugged.
- Next, make sure that you hold the Power button for 30 seconds.
- While holding the Reset button, turn the power on and then hold it again for another 30 minutes.
Hopefully, after applying these instructions, you will be able to log-in to the Arris TG1682G router without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to find the IP address?
Sometimes, you might be unable to locate the IP address. Then, follow the steps to locate the IP address.
- Initially, an active network connection needs to be selected.
- Then, go to the toolbar and click on the View Status option. To find this command, tap on the Chevron icon.
- Head over to the Details section and you will find the IP address in the Value column.
2. How to change your router username and the password?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to change the router’s username and password.
- Go to the web browser to enter your router’s IP address.
- After that, log-in to the account by entering the default username and the password.
- Now, head over to Settings and tap on the “Change Router Password” option.
- Next, decide a new password and enter it and then save the new changes.
3. How to find the router’s default gateway?
If you want to find the router’s default gateway, then follow the steps mentioned hereunder.
- Navigate to the Start menu to access the Command Prompt and then locate “cmd”.
- In the Command Prompt, enter “ipconfig” and then tap on the Enter button.
- Next to the Default Gateway, you will find the default gateway.