If your flash drive got infected with the Gamarue Malware then there is a fair chance that it can affect the computer as well. There are various other possible ways that this malware can infect your computer.
Do you know what is a Gamarue? It is one of the most severely affecting malware and is quite well known. If such malware infects the computer, it can make changes to the Web browser’s settings. Besides that, it can make changes in the add-ons, toolbars and as well as in the extensions.
Subsequently, it will restrict you to connect the computer with the external hard drives. Gamarue Malware can also make its way into the computer through spam emails. It is basically a hacker’s tool. They can get access to the system through this malware.
Further, it will open the door for other unknown viruses. Once Gamarue malware infects the computer, it will slow down the system. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and as well as Mozilla Firefox is the prime target of the Gamarue Malware.
It is needless to say that whenever you detect this virus, you should remove it at once. This article can help you fix the problem at the earliest.
How to Remove Gamarue Malware?
If you note Gamarue malware in the Windows 10 system, you have to follow the below-mentioned process to remove the issue.
Process 1: Scan the Computer
There are several methods that you can use for scanning the computer to eradicate the malware. Download any malware detecting application and choose the “Quick scan” option.
After that, click on “Next” to continue the process. It will take a few minutes. Wait until the entire process gets completed.
After the scanning process is done, the results will get displayed on the screen. The scanning software will detect the malicious software. Then, you need to download a malware removal application.
Simply follow the on-screen prompts and when you are done with the procedure, the computer will be free from all the malicious software.
Process 2: Use the Windows Registry to Remove the Gamarue Malware
Gamarue malware will harm the device that you are currently using. Besides that, it will add malicious files in the computer’s registry. However, removing them from the windows registry is very easy.
But removing or making any kind of changes in the registry will affect the device’s performance as well. Before you start the process, ensure that you have a proper backup of the registry. Thus if you commit any mistake, it will not affect the system.
Now, to remove the malware, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Go to the Windows icon, and write “ Regedit” in the search box, hit the Enter button.
- It will open a Registry Editor tab. Once the tab opens, write “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion” command.
- Next, click on the “Current version” folder and look for the “Run” named folders.
- You will find the folders like “Run” or “Run once” and others in the listed folders. These are some of the programs that you can run automatically once you start the computer.
- Navigate to one of these folders and click on it. You will find a list of folders on the right column.
- Start scanning those files to check if those files are malicious. Right-click on the malicious folders and delete them.
You can repeat this process until all the infected files are deleted and the registry is free from the Gamarue malware.
Process 3: Reset the Browser Settings
Once you are done with removing the Gamarue malware from the computer’s registry file, you will now need to install anti-malware software on the computer.
However, before you start the process make sure to change the browser settings. The simplest way to eradicate the extensions and spam-related add-ons is to rest the Browser’s setting to its original defaults.
And for that, you have to follow these simple and easy steps.
- First, go to the Browser’s setting.
- And then, search for the Reset option.
- Go for the “Advanced settings”.
- This will enable you to view the “Extensions and add-ons” section, click on it. The extensions that you have added will be removed.
These are some important methods to remove Gamarue malware from your computers. You need to implement the steps accordingly. If you face any difficulties then you can leave it in the comment section below.