For active and stable internet connectivity throughout your place, it is recommended to connect a router. However, to use it, you will have to log in first. Just like any other routers, Google router needs to be required logging in as well. As without logging in to your Google router, you won’t be able to access the network connection in your place. The steps involved in the login process are easy to implement. To know more about Google Router login, make sure to read the guide in detail till the end.
Things Required to Perform Google Router Login:
Before starting with the login process, make sure that you have access to the following:
- An active and strong internet connection either via LAN or WiFi.
- Google Router
- Access to a web browser
How to Log In to Google Router?
As mentioned earlier, you can easily log in to your Google router and configure the settings accordingly. Here we have mentioned the complete steps for Google router login below
Step 1: Connect to the Google Router and Launch your Web Browser
Make sure that the internet connection that you are using is strong enough to complete the process successfully without any issue. You can get it either wirelessly or simply through an ethernet cable. However, Ethernet cables are useful for scenarios for direct internet access where you would not have to enter a password.
Launch your favorite web browser and navigate to its address bar. Type the IP address for the Google router. Keep note that the IP address varies from router to router. Here we are mentioning the IP address for Google router only. It basically goes like 192.168.1.1. Copy and paste the given IP address and then hit the Enter button.
Step 2: Enter the Default Username and Password
Once the sign-in page opens up for you, go to the Username and Password fields to type the credentials. The default username and password for your Google router is written at the back of your router. Other than that, we have also provided the details below.
- Default Username: root
- Default Password: google
Keep in mind that both these details are case sensitive. Ensure that the Caps key is turned off while you type the information.
Press the Enter button or click on Sign in to successfully log in to your Google router.
After implementing these steps, you should now be able to configure the router without any issue. Other than that, you can also assign a new username or password for your router.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Hard Reset My Google Router?
If at any point you forgot your password or simply want to perform a hard reset on your Google router, then follow the steps given below.
- Turn on your Google router and locate the reset. Once located, press and hold the Reset button for around 30 seconds.
- Remove the router from the power source without releasing the Reset button. Keep holding it for another 30 seconds.
- Turn off the router without releasing the Reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Keep in mind that in doing so, your router will be reset to its latest factory settings.
2. What to Do If I Can’t Access My Google Router with the Default Credentials?
If you are unable to login to your Google router even after following the steps mentioned above, then maybe the password typed by you is incorrect. Other than that, there is a possibility that the Caps Lock key on your router is on and hence you are typing the information in Caps.
To get rid of such an issue, simply press the Caps Lock key again to turn it off and enter the credentials once again. If the problem persists, try recalling if you changed it recently or jotted down somewhere. However, if you are unable to recall the changed password, then reset your router by following the steps given in the previous section.
3. How Do I Use Google Router?
In order to use a Google router, follow the steps provided below in the same order as provided here.
- Look for a WiFi point and plug it into the main WiFi point.
- Now, download the Google WiFi application and follow the instructions to connect it with the internet.
Choose a WiFi point location and tap on Next. Assign a password and username, then click on Next.
- Tap on Yes, I’m in for Cloud services. If you want to add more additional WiFi spots, make sure to select the number and click on Next.
- Check the WiFi network and install the software. After some time, your WiFi points will start again. This marks the end of the setup.