Lenovo laptop speakers not working is one of the most dangerous issues that users can ever dream of. After upgrading from a previous version of Windows you might often encounter this error. So if you are facing this error, rest assured as you are not alone who is facing this issue with their Lenovo device. However, various reasons are responsible for this error to occur. So at first, it is essential to analyze the exact cause and then rectify it with the most appropriate solutions. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some excellent and simple methods that will help you to get rid of this annoying problem without any hassle.
Predictable Reasons Behind Speakers Not Working On Lenovo Laptop Error
There are various reasons responsible for any error occurring. The same is the case with Speakers not working on Lenovo laptop error. Therefore, at first, determine the root cause and then diagnose the issue correctly. To know the reasons that are responsible for this error to occur, go through the points that are given below.
- If there is an issue with the speaker settings.
- In case, your sound driver has been corrupted or incompatible with your device then you might face this kind of issue.
- An updated audio driver can also be responsible for this issue.
How To Fix Lenovo Laptop Speakers Not Working?
There are various fixes that you can try to resolve the Lenovo laptop speakers not working issue. However, in order to carry out the fix, perform the solutions that are given below.
Solution 1: Check Your Cable Connection
Primarily, you need to check the cable connection. If there is an issue with the cable then you will not be able to continue with the following methods.
Solution 2: Check Your Speakers Settings
After inspecting the cable connection, you need to check your speaker’s settings. To do so, simply follow the steps given below:
At first, at the bottom right corner of your desktop, simply right-tap on the sound icon and then select the Playback Devices button. Then, go to the Playback tab and ensure that is there a green checkmark on the Speakers. It symbolizes that the speakers are set as the default playback device.
In case, if the speakers are not set as the default playback device, then no doubt this is the main cause of this error. In such situations, you need to set it as a default playback device, To do so, click on the Set Default button and then hit the Apply option. Post this, press the OK button in order to save the new changes.
Once you are done with the above process, if you are unable to hear any sound from your Lenovo device, try some sound formats. To do that, firstly click on the Speakers and then select the Properties button. Now, go to the Advanced tab where you need to navigate to the Default Format. There, choose another sample rate and click on the Test option. Until you find a format that works, repeat this process. Once you find the accurate format, click on the Apply button followed by the OK button. Preferably, choose 24 bit, 192000 Hz. or 24 bit, 44100 Hz. In case, if you do not find any accurate formate then move on to the next suggested method.
Solution 3: Uninstall The Audio Driver
In order to recognize the main problem, you need to uninstall your audio driver. If your audio driver has been corrupted or damaged it might lead to a sound not working issue. So the best solution is to uninstall the audio driver. To perform this process, follow these simple steps:
- Primarily, press the Windows logo key + X function keys simultaneously on your keyboard. This will invoke the quick-access menu.
- Then, you need to look for and select the Device Manager.
- After that, simply expand the Sound, Video, And Game Controller that is in the Device Manager.
- Now, right-tap on the sound card and hit the Uninstall button.
- Once you are done, you will be asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Next, the Delete The Driver Software For This Device box will appear on the screen, simply check that box.
- Finally, click on OK to finish the procedure.
- Now, restart your device and check if the problem is fixed.
Solution 4: Update The Audio Driver
Even after uninstalling the audio driver, if you are still not hearing any sound from your Lenovo device then update the audio driver in order to fix the Lenovo laptop speakers not working issue. This kind of issue also occurs, if you use the wrong audio driver as well. To update the audio driver, simply proceed with the following steps:
- At first, move the cursor over the right side of the display screen and select the Search feature.
- Then, type Device Manager in the search box and select it from the result list.
- Now, from the user account control feature, you will get a pop-up window in which you have to click on the Yes option in order to proceed.
- On the left-side pane, you need to locate the Sound, Video And Game Controllers feature. Once you locate it, simply double-click on it.
- Now, go to the sub-menu and check if the sound card is enlisted. If the sound card has a yellow exclamation sign then you need to right-tap on the driver and then select the Properties button.
- Once you are done with the above steps, in the upper side of the Properties window, simply click on the Driver tab and select the Update Diver button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction in order to update the audio driver.
- Once the procedure is completed, simply reboot your system and check if the sound is working.
Solution 5: Perform The Audio Troubleshooter
If the above solutions don’t work, then you need to perform the audio troubleshooter in order to fix the Lenovo laptop speaker not working issue. To proceed with this method, you need to look for the Audio Troubleshooter on the settings page. Once you locate it, simply click on it and navigate to the Settings option. Now search for Update & Security option. Once you find it, simply click on it and then select the Troubleshoot button. Look for and run the Playing Audio troubleshooter. Besides, also run the Hardware & Device troubleshooter. Now, check if the issue gets removed.
Solution 6: Try Another Media Player
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can try another media player to resolve the sound-related issue. In that case, you have to check some basic applications. Over time, users have an issue with certain applications and programs. For example, Windows Media Player or Winamp. In that case, you need to check all the applications. To perform this, simply follow the on-screen instructions and complete the procedure successfully.
Solution 7: Install Pending Windows Update
In order to fix the Lenovo laptop-related issues, install all the pending Windows updates. Therefore, move the cursor over to the lower right-side and navigate to the Settings icon. Then, select the Change PC Settings option that is located in the settings feature. Now, in the Change PC Settings section, look for and select the Update and Recovery option. Then, right-click on the Windows Update and then go to the Settings option. Now, in the settings section, select the Check Now button. After this process, if there are any available updates then they will be installed automatically. After completing the process, simply select the Restart button in order to reload your device. Now, check, if the issue fixes.
After following these methods, if you are still encountering the same problem then it is necessary to check some important settings.
Solution 8: Restart Audio Services
In order to restart the audio services, you need to go to the Star icon first and then type services.msc in the search box. Now, select the Services tab and scroll down and look for the Windows Audio option. Once you locate it, just double-click on it. For any reason, if the service gets stopped then your device will not function properly. In that case, you need to restart it by selecting the Start button. Now, you need to double-check the service start-up type. In such times, audio services will be set as default automatically. When done, hit the Apply button as well as the OK button to complete the procedure.
Solution 9: Make Sure That Your Audio Device Is Enabled
If none of the above solutions works then ensure that whether the audio device is enabled or not. Basically, due to some third-party programs or applications, the audio devices are automatically disabled. In that case, you need to again enable the audio devices. So now, follow the below instructions:
- To begin, simply right-tap on the Volume icon and then navigate to the Playback Devices.
- Now, right-tap in the empty space and then select the Show Disabled Devices button.
- After that, make sure that the Playback Device is Enabled. If not then select the Enable option in order to enable the audio device.
- Now, see if the workaround resolved the issue.
Hope, these above solutions that are mentioned above will help you to resolve the Lenovo laptop speaker not working issue effectively. In case you have further queries or any other trouble regarding the issues, feel free to leave comments in the comment section below.