Sometimes, while using the Windows Operating System users report facing an error notification, Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2. The problem mainly appears at the time of installing the Windows updated version.
The problem appears due to various reasons. But, the problem mainly appears due to a conflict with the Windows Update version. Further, if the updated files are compromised then such error issues can occur.
If you are dealing with this situation, then this guide will help you. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the effective solutions that can help you to get rid of the situation.
Go through the steps and eliminate the problem without any technical help.
How to Resolve Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2?
Here are the steps that can help you to fix the Windows Update error 0x80070bc2. So, let’s move on to the solution section to discuss the way-outs in detail.
Solution 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to get red rid of the issue. The steps that are mentioned in the following section will help you to do so.
- At first, you need to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter from the official website of Microsoft.
- Click on the Next button, then select ‘Try troubleshooting as an administrator’ option.
- After that, follow the instructions and go through the onscreen prompts.
- Lastly, try to install the updates again and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Set the ‘TrustedInstaller’ Service to Auto Start
The Trustedlnstaller is a built-in account of the Windows operating system. It is enriched with various kinds of system files.
Sometimes, the problem can appear because of the misconfiguration in the Trustedlnstaller. You can fix the error by setting it to Autostart mode.
Here, are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, go to the Start menu and click on it.
- Then, write down “cmd” in the search field and press the Enter button.
- Open the Command Prompt with its Administrative rights.
- Write down the following commands in the Command prompt and hit the Enter button:
“SC config trustedinstaller start=auto”
- Restart the computer and check if the Windows Update error 0x80070bc2 is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Delete the Software Distribution Folder
The software Distributer folder helps to store the temporary files in the Windows directory. Sometimes, these temporary files can cause this error while creating junks.
Delete the Software Distribution folder to fix error code 0x80070bc2. The following steps will help you to remove it.
Step 1: Prevent the Windows Update Service
First, you need to launch the Windows Service Control Panel. To do this you should follow the instructions given below.
- At first, open the Run dialog box while pressing the Win key + R button from the keyboard.
- Write down “services.msc” in the search box and click on the OK button.
- Otherwise, you can press the Enter key on the keyboard. Then, you need to accept the UAC warning page if it appears on the computer screen.
- Look for the Windows Update Service from the Control Panel.
- After that, click on the Windows Update Service and click on the Stop button.
Step 2: Remove the Software Distribution Folder
Now, you need to delete the Software Distribution folder by following the steps that are next to you.
- At first, press the Win key + E button from the computer to open the Windows Explorer. Then, move to C:\Windows folder.
- Find out the “Software Distribution” folder and delete the folder. Otherwise, you can rename it as “Software Distribution OLD”.
Step 3: Update the Windows Version
Once you are done with the steps, move on to the next steps given below.
- At first, open the Start menu and write down “Control panel” in the search box.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Go to the Windows Update button and right-click on it, then click on the Start option.
- Lastly, try to install any application in the Windows Operating System.
Solution 4: Use the Command Prompt
If you fail to apply the methods provided in the above section of the article, then you should try to run the Command Prompt.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the Search field.
- Write down ‘Command Prompt’ in the search box and press the Enter button.
- Then, write down the following command in the Command Prompt window and hit the enter button after entering each of the commands:
1st: SC config wuauserv start= auto
2nd: SC config bits start= auto
3rd: SC config cryptsvc start= auto
4th: SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
- Now, try to install the updates and check if the error code 0x80070bc2 is resolved or not.
Through this article, we have tried to present all the possible solutions that can help you to fix error 0x80070bc2.
But, despite this fact, If you face any trouble while performing these methods, then you can comment in the feedback section.
However, if none of the methods help you to resolve the problem, then you should consult with the experts.