In the current times, there are many types of internet connecting and accessing methods and WiFi network is one of them. It usually helps the user to connect with a LAN service wireless. Apart from that, it also provides multiple user connectivity options, which is a quite useful thing. However, in some situations, the user faces different types of issues while connecting with a WiFi network. And the WiFi Authentication Problem is one of them.
The authentication problem in Wifi networks primarily appear when the user’s device is suffering from some kind of malfunction. Other than, phone updates, security setting malfunction, and improper network settings can also cause this problem
But all of the causes of this problem is connected with the software section of the device. Hence it contains very simple and straightforward solution methods.
In this article, we have provided all the possible solutions of the problems in Wifi authentication.
Let’s have a look at them
Ways To Fix The WiFi Authentication Problem
There are many ways by which you can solve the WiFi Authentication problem on a device. However, different devices possess different causes of this problem, that’s why there are various solutions and problem-solving methods depending on the device. And users need to follow them properly in order to fix this problem on that particular device.
In the section below you will some prime solutions to this problem. Try them and hope for the best.
On the Android OS-Based Devices
In the current times, the majority of Smartphone users are rocking Android OS Based devices. That’s why we started our solution journey from it.
Reset the WiFi Connection
If you are facing this issue on your Android OS Based devices. Then, the first and most common method that you can try is the WiFi connection Reset method. This will remove any improper connection settings and passwords which is causing the Wifi problems on your smartphone.
- To begin it, tap on the Settings App and open it up
- Then find the Wireless and Network and enter into it. There you will get the WiFi option. Tap on it.
- Instantly a list of nearby available WiFi networks will appear on your smartphone screen
- There you have to tap on the problematic WiFi network option or name. A pop-up menu will arise. On that menu hit the Forget Network option.
- Now wait for a few seconds and type the connect WiFi password to connect with that network.
Turn On and Off the Airplane Mode
Another common trick or feature that you can try on this problem is the Airplane Mode. If you turn it on for a few seconds and after that turn it off. Then there is a possibility that WiFi Authentication Problem gets resolved on its own. To do that you can take help from the quick setting feature of your device. Or you can perform it by diving into the Setting app
Change the WiFi Network From DHCP To Static
Sometimes due to DHCP connection mode, WiFi networks show the Authentication issue to users. Now, in order to solve this, the user needs to change it from DHCP to Static.
- To do that, first, tap on the Setting App
- Then, you have to tap on the Wireless and Networks option. Inside that option, you will get the WiFi option. Tap on that option.
- Now, you will get a list of WiFi network options. Select your desired option.
- A pop-up menu will emerge on your smartphone screen. Tap on the Modify Network option or anything related to it
- After this, check the box beside the Show advanced options.
- Now, under the IP settings option, you will find the DHCP option. Change it from DHCP to Static option.
- Once you do that, an IP section will appear on your screen. In that section, you will get information on Static IP mode.
- Note it is done. Then remove all of them and re-write them once more. After that hit the Save Button
- Now, the last thing that you need to do is verify the existence of the problem
Apart from Android OS Based devices, the methods mentioned in the above section will also work on the iOS Based devices. But, the setting layout of the iOS is a little bit different from the Android. That’s why you need to do some searching in order to find the correct setting option.
On a Windows OS-based System
Now, if you are confronting this issue on your Windows OS-based system. Then here are some simple methods by which you resolve this problem.
But, before going into them make sure that you have typed the correct WiFi login password. This is because most of the time the WiFi Authentication Problem appears on a Windows OS-based system due to this simple human error. But if it is not the case, then move on to the real solution area.
Restart the Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Some Windows OS user has reported that their system is suffering from WiFi problems with regards to authentication, due to the Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter. And to solve this problem they have Restarted it. Now, if your system is going through this same case scenario then you can try this method. And to perform it follow the steps provided in the below section:
- First press the Windows Key + R together to launch the Run Dialogue Box. Now on that box, type “devmgmt.msc.” and hit the OK Button or the Enter key. This hit will fire up the Device Manager page
- On the page, click on the Network adapters and expand it
- Now on the expanded section, find the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter option and right-click on it.
- A pop-up menu will appear on your screen. There you have to select the Disable device.
- After that, close everything and reboot your system.
- Once your system has completed the rebooting process. Try to connect it with your desired WiFi connection.
Reset the Network Settings
In some situations, these kinds of WiFi-related issues and problems emerge Windows OS-based systems due to improper Network Settings. However, it is quite easy to reset. That’s why we are going to do that. And don’t worry about this because the reset process will not affect your system in a bad way:
- Now to start it first click on the Setting option and open up its page.
- There you will get the Network & Internet option. Click on it
- Then, you have to click on the Status option. Inside its pages, you will find the Network reset button. Hit it and begin the process.
- It will take some time to get completed. Once it is done, re-connect your system with the WiFi network once more.
Restart The Wireless NIC in BIOS
Now there is a chance that due to some misconfiguration on Wireless NIC setting your system is displaying the WiFi Authentication Problem. It is one of the rarest case scenarios and very few Windows users have experienced it.
But, if your system is facing the WiFi Authentication Problem due to this cause. Then the best and simplest way to fix it is by Restarting the Wireless NIC from the BIOS:
- To enter into the BIOS, reboot your system. While it is waking up press the Del, F8, F10, or F2 key.
- Now on the BIOS page, find the Power Management menu. Under it, you will find the Wireless, Wireless LAN, or something similar option.
- Disable it and reboot your system. While it is waking up, open up the BIOS page once more and re-enable that option.
After doing that, you need to reboot your system once again. When your system completed the reboot process. Connect with the WiFi network and check for the presence of the problem.
We hope this article is able to help you to get [Fixed] WiFi Authentication Problem on your device. For more technology-related articles, keep following our articles.