The error notification Whea_Uncorrectable_Error is basically an indication of the Blue Screen of Death error. This uncorrectable error appears on the computer screen in the form of an error message, saying “whea uncorrectable error”.
The error might occur due to various reasons. The hardware failure is one of the primary reasons behind this error. The incompatible driver is another apparent reason for this uncorrectable error.
However, there are a few solutions that can help you to get rid of the trouble at the earliest. Through this article, we are going to provide the top 8 effective fixes that can help you to resolve the problem.
Go through this article to get detailed information.
How to Resolve Whea_Uncorrectable_Error on Windows 10?
If you are experiencing the whea_uncorrectable_error Windows 10 error, then you should follow our guidance. You should try the methods in the exact order provided to eliminate the error.
Fix 1: Disable the Overclock in BIOS
The problem can be resolved by disabling the Overclock from the BIOS. Follow the steps to disable it.
- First, launch the Start menu and click on the Settings option.
- Click on the “Update and Security” option and select the Recovery option.
- Then, move on to the Advanced Setup section. Click on the Restart Now button to restart the computer.
- Click on the Troubleshoot button, thereafter, choose the Advanced button and click UEFI Firmware Settings and restart the system.
- After, restarting the computer it will automatically open the BIOS and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Performance and find out the Overclocking option to disable it.
- Press the F10 key from the keyboard to save the changes and restart the computer.
If the steps are not enough, then you can check the drivers to eliminate the problem.
Fix 2: Verify the Drivers while using the Windows Safe Mode Option
Verify the device driver while enabling the Safe Mode. Accomplish the method as per the instructions mentioned below.
- Reboot the Windows by pressing F8 key on the keyboard. Otherwise, you can press Shift key + F8 button from the keyboard.
- Then, utilize the Recovery Mode and choose the Safe Mode option.
- After booting the computer while using the Safe Mode, open the Start menu and click on the Search box.
- Write down “Device Manager” in the blank dialog box and update all the Drivers.
Thereafter, reboot the computer and check if the error message Whea_Uncorrectable_Error still appears or not.
How to Update the Device Driver?
People frequently ask the question, of how to update the device driver. The following steps will guide you to update the device driver.
- At first, move to the Taskbar and select the Search box. Write down “Device Manager” in the blank dialog box and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Device Manager option from the appearing list of results.
- Choose the category of the device that you need to update and right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Update Driver button and choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Wait a few minutes till the completion of the updating procedure.
- Further, you can also visit the manufacturer’s website to update the drivers.
Fix 3: Verify if there is any Hardware issue
Sometimes, the problem may arise due to a conflict among the hardware. So, you should check if there is any hardware problem with the system or not. The steps which are mentioned below will help you to do so.
- At first, use the Safe Mode by following the steps that we have mentioned before (Follow Fix 2).
- Click on the Start menu and select the Search box. Then, write down “chkdsk” and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the “chkdsk” from the appearing list of results.
- Run the chkdsk program on the computer, this will help you to check if there is any hardware problem.
If this method was not enough, then you can also try to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic to resolve the Whea_Uncorrectable_Error.
Fix 4: Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic
The problem can be easily resolved by running the Windows Memory Diagnostic. The following steps will assist run the tool.
- First, open the Start menu and select the Search box.
- Then, write down “Windows Memory Diagnostic” and press the Enter button.
- Click on the Windows Memory Diagnostic, “Whea Uncorrectable Error startup” option. This will help you to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- If it finds any error, then it will replace the corrupted files.
Lastly, check if the error still appears on the system or not.
Fix 5: Uninstall the Windows Updates
The problem can appear because of a corrupted Windows update. Thus, you need to Uninstall the Windows Update to get rid of the trouble.
- Open the Windows Settings application by pressing the Win key + I button on the keyboard.
- Go to the “Update and Security” section, then click on the Update History button.
- Thereafter, click on the Uninstall Updates button.
- Then, the list of installed updates will appear on the computer screen and double-click on the updates that need to be removed.
Verify the system to see if the problem is still there or not. You can also try to turn off the Turbo Boost feature.
Fix 6: Turn Off the Turbo Boost Feature in BIOS
Sometimes, the problem can be resolved by disabling the Turbo Boost in BIOS. If the procedure in not known to you, then you should go through the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Start menu and click on the Search box. Then, write down “Control Panel” in the Search box and hit the Enter key.
- Click on the “Hardware and sound” option and select the Power option.
- Thereafter, click on the “Change plan settings” option. And, select the “Change advanced power settings” option.
- Then, select the “Processor power management” option and navigate into its features.
- Open the Maximum Processor State and modify both “On battery” and “Plugged into 99%”. Then, click on the Apply and OK button.
Fix 7: Turn Off the Additional Audio Devices
The problem can occur if you are using more than one audio device. You can get rid of the trouble by disabling the audio devices. Go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first, open the Sound option while pressing the Win key + S button from the keyboard. And click on the same option from the appearing list of results.
- After, launching the Sound window move on to the Playback tab.
- Right-click on each of the non-default audio devices. Then, click on the Disable option.
- Implement the same procedure for all the recording devices. And click on the Apply and OK button to save all the changes that you have made.
If you feel any difficulties while performing the steps above, then you should try this alternative method to disable the additional audio devices.
- First, press the Win key + X button from the keyboard to open the Power Menu and click on the Device Manager option.
- Look for the audio devices and turn Off all the devices by right-clicking on the device that needs to be disabled.
- Click on the Disable Device option. You should not disable the default device.
- Then, click on the Yes button to confirm the task.
Fix 8: Perform the System Restoration Procedure
You can get rid of the situation while performing the System restoration procedure. The subsequent steps will help you to do so.
- First, open the Start menu and click on the Search box. Then, write down “Control Panel” in the search box and press the Enter button.
- Click on the Recovery option and launch the System Restore.
- Lastly, click on the Next button and select the Finish option.
Now, verify the system to see if the whea_uncorrectable_error on Windows 10 is resolved or not. Otherwise, you can also seek professionals.
The users who are experiencing trouble with whea_uncorrectable_error should try the methods that we have mentioned in this article. You can give us feedback in our comment section to let us know if the solutions helped you or not.