Encountering the exasperating VCRuntime140.DLL missing issue frequently? Want to fix your PC single-handedly?
Here are some effective hacks that you can adapt to get things sorted with VC Runtime DLL files. You might face this error after you install a Windows update. Otherwise, this error takes place after interrupted installation of a particular program.
The popup informs to have a glance at the VCRUNTIME140.dll download link online.
However, in this article, we will discuss several fixes for VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error so that you can easily resolve the issues without any technical help.
Always take into account that it is imperative to read the instructions and follow certain steps in order to incorporate the correct version of the .dll file with the Windows OS.
Possible Causes Behind the Error
Go through this section of the article to know the exact causes behind the VCRuntime140.DLL missing in Windows 10 issue.
- Majority of the people encounter this missing VCRuntime140.DLL file error on the creative cloud of Adobe. The root cause of the problem may be Adobe’s Creative Cloud Migration.
- As per the latest report, there is a complaint against the missing MVCR110.DLL file. Also, VCRuntime140.DLL files don’t permit WAMP software to function properly.
Suitable Ways to Resolve VC Runtime.DLL Missing Issue
The foremost thing to do in order to resolve this issue is reinstalling Visual C++ from the official website. But if the issue recurs, you just need to click the free download option and then keep that in the exact location.
If it fails to resolve the aforementioned issue, you need to examine the system for malware. After that, you can install the recent version of Windows Updates and examine the OS id devoid of corrupted files.
Fix 1: Re-Register VCRuntime 140.DLL File
With the help of Regsvr 32 command in Command Prompt, you can easily get away with VCRuntime140.dll is missing error. In order to do this, follow the under-mentioned steps.
- In order to begin, enter cmd or Command Prompt in the search menu.
- After that, you need to right-click on the search results and choose Run as Administrator.
- In order to unregister the file, you need to enter the following commands and then click Enter – regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll
- But in order to re-register the file, you need to enter the following command and press Enter – regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll
Fix 2: Reinstalling Visual C++ Redistribute for Visual Studio 2015
Go through the under-mentioned steps in order to reinstall Visual C++ Redistribute.
- First of all, you need to get the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute from the official website. After that, press the Download button.
- Now, this will redirect you to the page where you will be asked to select the download you are looking for. You will find two options, namely vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe files.
- If the computer works on 32-Bit OS, then download the x86 version. However, if you use the 64-Bit Operating System, you can easily go for the x64 version. For that, you just have to put a tick in the option adjacent to the file you like.
- After that, click on Next.
- Now, you can open the file. You will find a name at the lower portion of the browser.
- After that, you have the provision to read the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Software License Terms and Agreement for the purpose of installing the missing software pieces.
- Now, you have to tick the option marked as “I agree to the license terms and conditions”. Then, press Install.
Now, you can easily get away with the problem you are encountering.
Fix 3: Repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- In order to start the process, you have to right-click on the Start menu of Windows. Now, choose Control Panel.
- Thereafter, you need to open Programs & Features. Otherwise, you can press the option termed as Add/Remove Programs as per the type of OS you are using.
- Furthermore, get through with the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable ) (x64) – [version number]. Now, you need to click on Change.
- When the uninstaller window appears, do not click on Uninstall. Instead, choose the Repair option.
- Finally, you have to restart the system to complete the process.
Fix 4: Examine the System for Malware
The VCRuntime140.DLL file error also takes place owing to the infection of the virus. Always take into account that the legitimate location of the file will be in the System32 folder.
As a result, it is imperative to scan the PC using security software.
Additional Fixes that you can Go for
- First of all, you need to reinstall the program that you can’t launch owing to the VCRuntime140.DLL missing error. If Skype or Skyrim remains unaffected, then you have to uninstall it from the Control Panel.
- After that, you need to download the recent version from the official website. However, you can try the repair technique using the same method formulated in fix 2.
- Now, install the Windows Update. After that, click on the Settings app. After that, navigate to the Updates & Security option.
- Now, press the option termed as Check for Updates and wait for a while till the search completes.
- Thereafter, you need to run the System File Checker in order to examine if the system contains damaged or outdated files. In order to accomplish this, you have to use the window search to obtain the Command Prompt. Now, just right-click on it. Thereafter, you have to choose the option Run as administrator.
- After that, write the SFC/scannow command.
- Finally, click on Enter.
This article comes with the suitable steps that you can implement to get rid of this annoying VCRuntime.DLL file missing issue. If you follow the steps strictly, you can easily avoid this issue in the near future.
Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. Apart from this, if you consider yourself as a non-tech-savvy person, then seek help from experts.