The Toshiba printer error code 4011 is one of those error messages which falls in the category of the common error codes that appears with the Toshiba users. It usually appears when the user tries to execute a printing command and the Toshiba printer is unable to perform it properly. Most of the time the error code 4011 is caused by some simple human mistakes. However, sometimes this error code also gets activated because of few system misconfigurations. Yet it is quite easy to solve and any user can perform it with the help of proper information. Now, if you want to know how to troubleshoot Toshiba printer error code 4011 in an effortless manner then start following the upcoming sections of this article.
Major Causes of the Toshiba Printer Error Code 4011
The Error Code 4011 is caused by various types of problematic factors and some of them are given below:
- Printer drivers getting corrupt
- Outdated printer drivers
- Improperly configured network connection between the user’s system and Toshiba printer
Now, let’s have a look at the solutions to this error code.
Solution for the Toshiba Printer Error Code 4011
This is a very common error code for Toshiba printers and here are some effective solutions by which you can fix this:
Bad Network Connection between the System and Toshiba Printer
Sometimes due to improper network connection settings or poor network issue, Toshiba printers gives out error codes like 4011. However, this is not a very big issue and can be fixed with some simple manual tweaking. And we have provided those tweaking methods in the section below. Have a look at them and try to apply them as guided in that section. But before applying them, you have to check some key problematic points:
- Check whether the other end of the network cable is plugged.
- Make sure that the cable is properly plugged into the router and the network switch.
- Next, you can try to plug the cable into a different port on the router or network switch in order to verify any network device issue.
- And finally, the foremost thing, check the power switch of the router or the network. Many times users, turn it off mistakenly.
Now, if all the things mentioned in the above section are properly verified, then you need to move your focus towards network settings.
- To do that, open the Control Panel window and select the View devices and printers option. It will be lying underneath the Hardware and Sound section.
- Then hit on the Add a printer button. A pop-up window will appear on your screen On that window, you will find the name of your Toshiba printer.
- Select it and connect your Toshiba printer with your system.
After that, you have to run some printing commands in order to check the existence of the issue.
Printer Driver Issue
Now, the next thing that can cause this error in your Toshiba printer is the printer drivers. In certain situations, the printer drivers get corrupted due to anonymous reasons. And that thing causes lots of errors in the printer. Apart from that, if you haven’t updated your printer drivers for a very long time then it can also cause this error code in your Toshiba printer. Now, if you want to solve these types of printer driver issue, follow the methods given below:
Reinstall The Printer Driver
If your printer drivers are facing corruption issue then follow the given steps
- In this task first, you have to open the Device Manager with the help of the Run Dialogue Box. Press “Windows Key + R key” to launch the Run Dialogue Box. Then type “devmgmt.msc” on it and hit the OK button or Enter
- Now on the Device Manager window, locate the printer drivers and right-click on them.
- A pop-up menu will appear on your window. On that menu, select the Uninstall option.
- After that, you have to wait for a few seconds. Then reboot your system in order to reinstall your printer drivers.
Update The Printer Drivers
Now if your printer drivers are outdated then follow the given steps
- In order to update your drivers, you have to open the Device Manager once more.
- Then, find the printer drivers and give a right-click on them
- Now, the Context Menu will emerge on your window. On that menu, you will get the Update Driver Software option. Click on that option.
- Instantly a pop-up window will materialize on your screen. There you need to select the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
Now, the update service will search for all the available driver updates for your system. And if it gets one then, the update service will automatically download and install them on your system. After that, you have to reboot your system in order to settle down all the new printer drivers
If the solutions which are provided in the above section didn’t work for you, then contact your nearest Toshiba service center.
However, we hope that our solutions are able to help you with the Toshiba printer error code 4011 situation. For more tech-related information, keep following our articles.