Toshiba laptop error code 0xC00000F is one of the most common error which you can encounter. Toshiba is one of the most popular laptop producing brands of this global market. However, despite being a popular one it is not free from the technical flaws. As a result of which you can encounter such kind of errors with your laptop.
So, if you have already faced the bug and want to resolve it, then you can follow this article till the end. It consists of several guidelines to resolve the matter with ease. But before going on that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes due to which you can encounter this kind of errors. After that, you will be walked through the solutions part.
Causes to Encounter Toshiba Laptop Error Code 0xC000000F
You can encounter this kind of errors with your device due to the Windows Boot Manager. Boot sector takes an important role to load the Windows in the memory of your system, in order to perform the execution.
So, in that case, if the boot sector becomes corrupted due to some causes related to your system. This error will prevent the Windows from loading. In some cases, you can also encounter this error due to a hard disk failure. Otherwise, if the hard disk which you are using contains a bad sector or a malware, then also you can encounter this kind of errors with your device.
Well, after knowing the causes, now let’s focus on the solutions to resolve the matter on your own.
Troubleshooting Hacks for Error Code 0xC000000F
Here are some simple hacks using which you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 1: Repair your Computer using bootrec.exe Tool
You can repair your computer using bootrec.exe Tool to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, restart your device and use bootable DVD/USB, in order to use it.
- You will be prompted to press any key from your keyboard.
- Now, choose the language as well as time, currency and the keyboard.
- Once done, hit the next button.
- Once done, choose the OS which you want to repair.
- Tap on the option named Next.
- Now, from the System Recovery Options, tap on the command prompt.
- Once done, you will be able to see a black screen will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Now, inside this box, type bootrec.exe and hit Enter from the keyboard.
- Once done, you will be able to see it will start rebuilding the BCD. After which your PC will be back into the normal state.
- If you notice that the rebuilding BCD doesn’t work, then you have to delete the previous BCD and rebuilt it again to have a brand new configuaration. For this reason, try to insert the following commands and hit Enter after each of them.
- bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
- cd boot
- attrib bcd –s –h –r
- ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
- bootrec /RebuildBcd
After performing this action, you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. If you won’t be able to resolve the matter, then you can follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Repair BCD
If you fail to resolve the matter after performing the previous step, then try to follow the next method.
- At first, Restart your computer and boot into the disc/USB.
- Now, you will be able to invoke in the Install screen.
- Tap on the Repair your computer or press R to continue.
- Click on the option named Troubleshoot.
- Once done, tap on the Command Prompt.
- Now, type the following commands and hit Enter after each of them. Which is, bootrec /FixMbr, bootrec /FixBoot, bootrec /ScanOs, bootrec /RebuildBcd
- After completing the process of bootrec /RebuildBcd, you have to remove the installation DVD or USB.
- Once done, type on the Exit and hit Enter to continue.
- After performing this step, try to restart your computer.
Method 3: Create An EFI Partition
You can also create an EFI partition to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to insert a Windows installation media and perform these tasks.
- In the Command Prompt window, type Diskpart and Hit Enter to continue.
- Once done, try to type list disk as well as hit Enter to continue.
- Now, type the select disk 0 and hit Enter. Using this prompt you will be able to select the disk in which, you have to create a new EFI partition.
- Now, in the list of partitions try to type list partition and hit Enter to continue.
- Type Select Partition 1, as well as hit, Enter to be sure about that, in the selected partition will have 200 MBs or more vacant space.
- Once done, try to type shrink desired=200 minimum=200 as well as hit Enter to continue.
- Now, hit Enter to continue.
- Type ‘create partition EFI’ as well as hit Enter to continue.
- Again, type ‘list partition’ as well as hit, Enter to continue.
- Type select partition 2 and hit enter to ensure that the newly created 200 MB partition is partition is partition 2.
- Once done, type the format fs=fat32 as well as hit Enter to continue.
- Type list vol, as well as press, Enter to make sure that, the size if the newly partitioned window contains 200MB size.
- Type Select vol 3, as well as hit, Enter to be sure about that, the volume of the newly created partition of 200MB size.
- Type Assign and hit Enter to continue.
- Type bcdboot C:\Windows /l en-gb /s B: /f ALL and hit Enter to be sure about that, the windows drive letter is C and B is the driver. In this way, you will be able to fix the matter on your own.
Hopefully, using these methods, you will be able to resolve the matter on your own. In that case, try to follow each and every step carefully. It is recommended, not to jump any one of them. Otherwise, you won’t be able to resolve the matter on your own. If you have encountered any kind of glitches while performing the steps, then try to leave a comment in the comment section describing the issue which you are facing.