Windows Operating System is one of the best OS which is liked by the users. But still, this OS is not perfect as it can come up with some errors. And, one of those errors notifications that many Windows users experience is: System Error 5 Has Occurred. Access is denied.
This error can be seen in the Command Prompt window when you try to run certain commands. However, there are many more causes of this issue. Therefore, we will try to discuss them in this article.
Moreover, here, you will get to learn the hacks that will help you to fix this annoying issue instantly. Hence, you can right away proceed to the next section to fix the issue by yourself.
What Causes this System Error 5
Now, you will get to learn the causes that can lead to this system error code to occur. Hence, proceed to the following section in order to get hold of the causes of the issue:
- Any issue with the Time Synchronization System.
- If the permission to access the remote account is missing.
- Using the Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus can also block the connection of the remote account.
- In case the account password has expired then also the issue can occur.
- Active Directory replication error can lead to this issue.
Easy Methods to Fix the System Error 5
You can now follow this section in order to get rid of the System error code 5. You just have to carry out all the given steps so that the error can be resolved in the easiest way.
Now, move to the following section.
Method 1: Run the System Installer as Admin
Running the System Installer as Admin helps to install the programs with the Administrator rights. Hence, this can help you to remove the issue.
Therefore, perform the steps that are provided below:
- First of all, open the Downloads folder of your system. You can get this folder from the Start menu.
- As the Download folder opens, find the program that you want to install and then right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Run As Administrator option from the popup box.
- Once done, check if the system error code persists or not.
We hope that now you will be able to resolve the error code easily. However, if the issue still persists, then perform the next method.
Method 2: Switch your User Account to an Admin Profile
If the previous method doesn’t do the trick, then you can try out this method.
- Open the Run box using the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously.
- As the Run box opens, you have to type netplwiz and then press the Enter key.
- Now, the User Accounts window will appear on your system’s screen.
- Inside the window, navigate to the Users tab and then select your user profile from the list.
- After doing this, click on the Properties button.
- In the next step, select the Group Membership tab and then choose the Administrator option.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button in order to save all the changes.
- Once done, check if the issue occurs or not.
Method 3: Use the Command Prompt as an Administrator
In case you are running the Command Prompt normally, then this issue can occur. Hence, you have to run the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Open the Start menu and then type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- As the Command Prompt option appears, you have to right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Run as Administrator option from the popup list.
- As the Command Prompt opens, try to run the commands to check whether the error shows up or not.
This is how you can run the Command Prompt as an Administrator. After performing this method even if the error persists, then try other methods.
Method 4: Enable the Built-in Admin Account Through Command Prompt
Alternatively, you can enable Windows built-in admin account through Command Prompt. This will allow you to get more system access than the standard account.
To perform this, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open the Command Prompt as an Administrator just like in the previous method.
- As the Command Prompt window opens, enter “net user administrator /active:yes”. Then, hit the Enter key.
- Wait for the command to execute and then close the Command Prompt window.
- After that, check if the issue still shows up or not.
Method 5: Adjust the UAC Settings
The User Account Control Settings can occasionally be responsible for this issue to occur. Hence, you have to change some of its settings in order to get rid of this system error code.
So, take the help of the steps that are mentioned here:
- Again, open the Run box and then type UserAccountControlSettings. After that, press the Enter key.
- As the new window opens, drag the bar to Never notify area.
- Once done, click on the OK button in order to save the changes.
- After that, reboot your system and then check for the error.
Method 6: Disable the Antivirus Software
The System error code 5 can also occur if any antivirus blocks the command execution. Usually, disabling the antivirus temporarily helps to resolve the issue.
- Right-click on the taskbar and then click on the Task Manager option.
- Inside the Task Manager window, select the Start-up tab.
- After that, locate the third-party antivirus software and then click on the Disable button.
- Then, you need to restart your system. Check if you still receive the error code or not.
Method 7: Change the “Local Account Token Filter Policy” Registry Key
Another way to fix this system error code is to change the Local Account Token Filter Policy Registry key on your system. If you want to know the steps, then follow the points that are stated below:
- At first, open the Start menu and then enter regedit in the search bar.
- Now, in the resultant list, select the regedit.exe option to open the Windows Registry Editor window.
- As the window opens, search for the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
- Now, locate the Local Account Token Filter Policy entry and then right-click on it.
- Next, click on the Edit Value Data option from the popup list.
- After that, type 1 in the Value Data box and then click on the OK button.
- Finally, exit the Windows Registry Editor tab and then restart your system.
- Once the system reboots, hopefully, you won’t face error code 5 anymore.
Method 8: Fix the Date and Time Settings
Finally, you can fix the error code by checking the Date and Time settings. Hence, follow the steps:
- Click on the Clock icon on the Taskbar and then select the Date and Time Settings option.
- On the next window, turn off the Set Time Automatically option.
- Now, change the Date and Time to the correct one and then click on the Change button.
- Once done, you can proceed to check if the error code still occurs or not.
Hopefully, now you will be able to resolve the system error code easily.
To Wrap up
At the end of this article, we will say that we have provided you the best methods to resolve System error 5. Hence, after carrying out the steps, we expect that you will resolve the problem easily.
Moreover, you will not any other issue in the future. However, in case the issue still occurs, then head towards the technicians.